ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL VRX Opinions?  (Read 13346 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: JBL VRX Opinions?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »

+1
i did post something similar earlier this week, but, i guess i have to get used to typing those letters for my post to go through  :(
The 'CAPTCHA'?  You only have to do that twice, I think, and then it goes away.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Sheldon Harris

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 01:40:04 PM »

The 'CAPTCHA'?  You only have to do that twice, I think, and then it goes away.
i think it was my first or second post in the "new joint". if i did not see this post i would not even have realized it stopped.

Collin Donohue

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

You will not be happy with the VRX in the situation you describe.  The 'constant curvature' arraying is not your friend here.  The VerTec 4886 gets surprisingly loud for it's size and it sounds better than the VRX, too.  It would be a better choice, as would a 4887A rig.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

+1 on the 4886's.  However, you'll need a lot of them to get any decent amount of throw.  We have a 9 per side system and I wouldn't go much past 120 feet (depending on trim height, etc) before knowing that delays are needed.

For your specific needs, a larger system is probably in order.  Instead of buying dozens of a smaller speaker, only buy a dozen of a bigger speaker... catch the drift?

tim.j.phillips

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »

Just out of curiosity, is JBL the only cabinets you are looking at?
Yes, I really do know what all these buttons do

Robert "VOiD" Caprio

• Long Island, NY
    • Interzone Studios
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 07:17:17 PM »

Mac,

Is that a pic of you browsing the forums on an iPad while you should be working????!?!?  L-O-freakin'-L!

;D ;D ;D :o
FOH/MON/REC/MIX Engineer/Producer/TM/RF Tech
Currently mixing MON for Boston
www.interzonestudios.com
void at interzonestudios dot com

Chad Griswold

• Mastermind Production Group Inc.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »

+1 on the 4886's.  However, you'll need a lot of them to get any decent amount of throw.  We have a 9 per side system and I wouldn't go much past 120 feet (depending on trim height, etc) before knowing that delays are needed.

For your specific needs, a larger system is probably in order.  Instead of buying dozens of a smaller speaker, only buy a dozen of a bigger speaker... catch the drift?

I have done several praise and worship type events both indoors and out with throws around 150' with about a 20' trim height with only 6 boxes/side of our 4886 rig and had fantastic results.  I've also done talking head with it in a small arena, but had 8 boxes/side and it absolutely rocked...size vs. performance and at it's price point it is a great box right now!  I have 24 tops and 12 subs currently and plan on adding more as shows require it!

Chad
Chad Griswold
CEO - Mastermind Production Group Inc.
Monitor Engineer - KC & the Sunshine Band

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.