ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone settle this dispute for us.  (Read 5473 times)

Seth Steplton

Can someone settle this dispute for us.
« on: October 13, 2011, 08:35:02 PM »

My monitor guy and I are here in the front lounge discussing. Neither of us has ever been on a SD7. He says the SD7T has runtime automation on it. Being that I've worked on the D5T, SD8 I've never seen Digico use runtime automation. Please let us know who wins..
"The road to success is always under construction."

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Can someone settle this dispute for us.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »

My monitor guy and I are here in the front lounge discussing. Neither of us has ever been on a SD7. He says the SD7T has runtime automation on it. Being that I've worked on the D5T, SD8 I've never seen Digico use runtime automation. Please let us know who wins..

What do you mean by "runtime automation"?

Mac

Seth Steplton

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 08:44:22 PM »

Runtime Automation is fader automation found on most recording consoles, or high end broadcast desk (sony, SSL, Neve). It will record fader movement.
"The road to success is always under construction."

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »

Runtime Automation is fader automation found on most recording consoles, or high end broadcast desk (sony, SSL, Neve). It will record fader movement.

The SD7T adds a more sophisticated scene management system, but there is no automation that tracks timecode AFAIK. There is scene crossfading, but not TC tracking.

The only current digital live sound console I am familiar with that will track fader moves to timecode is the Yamaha DM2000, and it was originally positioned as a post production console.

The PM5d and PM1d will take scenes based on timecode, and those scenes can have whatever crossfade timing you want, but they do not do automated fader moves either.

Mac
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:53:23 PM by Mac Kerr »

Jeremy S. Vanoost

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:03:23 AM »

Hey! I'm curious, does anyone know of an other live mixing desk that has run time automation on it? I think it's possible to record fader movements on a CL5 with an external MIDI device but apart from that... Thanks!

Jay
Jay

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »

Hey! I'm curious, does anyone know of an other live mixing desk that has run time automation on it? I think it's possible to record fader movements on a CL5 with an external MIDI device but apart from that... Thanks!

Jay

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation. 
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »

The SD7T adds a more sophisticated scene management system, but there is no automation that tracks timecode AFAIK. There is scene crossfading, but not TC tracking.

The only current digital live sound console I am familiar with that will track fader moves to timecode is the Yamaha DM2000, and it was originally positioned as a post production console.

The PM5d and PM1d will take scenes based on timecode, and those scenes can have whatever crossfade timing you want, but they do not do automated fader moves either.

Mac

Mac, what do you mean by "do not do automated fader moves"?

Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »

Mac, what do you mean by "do not do automated fader moves"?

NECAM, as an example.  Where faders, pots, mutes, etc follow time code during the playback/mix down process.  Like a light board executing cues and having the faders move.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »

NECAM, as an example.  Where faders, pots, mutes, etc follow time code during the playback/mix down process.  Like a light board executing cues and having the faders move.

Several boards can take cues off TC, but in Oct of 2011 I was referring to moves that repeated the fader moves that were recorded in real time, not firing off a snapshot.

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »

Several boards can take cues off TC, but in Oct of 2011 I was referring to moves that repeated the fader moves that were recorded in real time, not firing off a snapshot.

Mac

Ah yes, the other half of "how did that fader get programed to move THERE." 
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.