ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alumalok  (Read 7808 times)

Steven Leonard

• Sands Productions
Alumalok
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:57:06 AM »

Anyone have any experience with these air wall hangars?

http://www.alumalok.com/

Thanks!

Collin Donohue

Re: Alumalok
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »

They work pretty well.  We use Light Source Mega Airwall Hangers more often though. 

http://www.thelightsource.com/products/87/view

They work with more types of airwalls and are a little easier to insert and attach.  On the down-side, they're not as stable as the AlumaLoks.  The AlumaLok clamps on hard to the airwall track, whereas the Mega hanger has a bit of a jiggle to it.  It won't come out, but if you're looking for something rigid, might not be the best option.

But we use the Megas all the time for hanging pipes for lights, for speakers, etc, and they work GREAT.

John Strzalkowski

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »

+1 on the Mega Airwall Hangers

I was looking into the Alumalok's and all I needed was to hang a single leko, a single light bar, and other various small items and the 4" Mega Airwall suited my needs. The Aluma-mini requires shackles and other hardware whereas the the Mega Airwall hanger has the pipe area ready for a clamp.

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »

+1 on the Mega Airwall Hangers. They are great for larger rigging requirements, but I find they are a little too big and bulky for some of my needs. So, I fabbed up a bunch of what you see below. they fit in 95% of the track I've come across in ballrooms.

and the result after their use... they allow the fixture yoke to almost touch the track trim, leaving very little gap.

Ray Cerwinski

Steven Leonard

• Sands Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 02:59:45 AM »

Thanks!

I went with the "Alumablok" by Alumalok. Main purpose was to hang a single Leko from an airwall track. I have to say I was very impressed with the design quality! Good construction and it worked flawlessly. Bride liked it too cause I didnt have a huge Pipe/base in the room!

These things hold 500lbs! Freaking amazing! I am actually kind of obsessed with these things right now! haha

Going to help me solve a lot of problems in the future!

Love these things!

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »

Thanks!
Steven,
We use those (maybe a previous model?) at my job.  They'll drop your hang height by a good 10" or so, just remember to take that into consideration.

I did notice that, on one of the units we brought in (we pull from a local office), one of the screw threads was stripped about half-way down the threaded shaft.  Keep an eye out for that and check for it often (and by that I mean every time).  I let the appropriate people know about it and certainly hope that it was taken care of properly. 
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.