ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pink Screen  (Read 4367 times)

Justin Dodd

Pink Screen
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:31:43 AM »

Ive recently ran into a problem, and was hoping one of you might be able to shed some light on why this might occur.

We have a typical presentation video setup with 2 projectors and 2 "delay" plasma monitors all getting the same signal. All 1024x768 through VGA cable with the exception of VGA through Cat 5 to the projectors.

Now when this is all set up we have the switcher output go to a VGA DA then to the VGA to Cat 5 convertor. When we bring a white screen or an image that has alot of white the projector image will fade to pink (about a 6sec fade) and stay pink until a slide or image comes up with hardly any white in it. The Plasmas going direct out of the DA do not have this problem. Now if I connect my switcher output direct to the VGA to Cat 5 convertor and use the VGA through to the DA to split to the Plasmas the problem is fixed...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin

Jordan Wolf

Re: Pink Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »

If you have another of the same model VGA DA, I would swap it with the one in use currently.  If the problem persists, then it could be an issue with that model/brand of DA.  Try a different brand/model of DA.  If the problem is fixed, I'd call the manufacturer and see if they have had other complaints about similar problems with that model.  If the problem still remains, I would be tempted to bring on some 5-wire and run that temporarily. to see if the VGA-Cat5 converter is the problem.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Pink Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.