ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recieved warning to change to my real name, Except I am using mr real name  (Read 3715 times)

John Louis Griffin

I just recieved 2 warnings that i needed to display my real name in the name field. except i have the name field set to display JL Griffin WHICH IS MY REAL NAME. who do i have to talk to/contact to get this resolved. Please Advise!

Thanks,
JL Griffin

Jeff Bankston

sounds normal to me. real names of people i went to school with > Richard Head , Jena Tailya , Deewitt Deewees , and most ahve heard of Dweezil & Moon Zappa. i had to get stuck with a name i cant have fun with.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

I just recieved 2 warnings that i needed to display my real name in the name field. except i have the name field set to display JL Griffin WHICH IS MY REAL NAME. who do i have to talk to/contact to get this resolved. Please Advise!

Thanks,
JL Griffin

If your drivers license or other government issued ID says "JL" instead of 'James Livingston' (or whatever), contact Mac Kerr or Doug Fowler via PM and offer to fax a copy to them.

We have a user who's name is "Cosmo."  One name.  It's legal (he had it changed) and he's allowed to use it on the forums.... after he documented that it was legit.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA

sounds normal to me. real names of people i went to school with > Richard Head , Jena Tailya , Deewitt Deewees , and most ahve heard of Dweezil & Moon Zappa. i had to get stuck with a name i cant have fun with.
At one past job we finally got used to hearing a sweet southern accent asking for "Jimmy Head".  Another co-worker in the same office had the last name of Duda and his brother had changed his legal name to Zippity Duda, at which point the rest of the family immediately distanced themselves from him.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine

If your drivers license or other government issued ID says "JL" instead of 'James Livingston' (or whatever), contact Mac Kerr or Doug Fowler via PM and offer to fax a copy to them.

We have a user who's name is "Cosmo."  One name.  It's legal (he had it changed) and he's allowed to use it on the forums.... after he documented that it was legit.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

Although my guess, the honerable Abdul-Eq was pardoned from such a mundane requirement.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune

Several were grandfathered in on the real name issue, but voluntarily changed to not make waves with all the newbies. Real names are more professional anyway.

Abdul-EQ is a special, some would say "head", case.

JR
On the internet people tell you everything "they" know, not the answer to "your" question.....  http://circularscience.com/

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

Although my guess, the honerable Abdul-Eq was pardoned from such a mundane requirement.

The sands of the desert have not been kind to Abdul of late.  His camel has lost his way and we have not seen or heard from him in some time.  Hopefully the sandstorms will clear and he will again be posting here.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN

Thanks,
JL Griffin
The issue is presumably your initials.  Unless they don't stand for something and are actually your entire name, that's your issue.  See my displayed name for the usual way around this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.