ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comments, compliments, complaints -- how you know you're doing your job  (Read 9244 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Comments, compliments, complaints -- how you know you're doing your job
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 01:14:49 PM »

One persons complaint is another's compliment.   We were doing a show a couple months back for a very, very loud national act.  We brought enought rig for the gig!  We were in Scottsdale, AZ and we had a dB limit of 78dBA at the back of the venue...410 feet back.  Unfortunately for this particular event that was not realistic.  Fortunately the event was to raise money for a children's hospital and the police ignored all the sound related complaints.   We did get one complaint from a Guy that called from about a mile away saying that the music was pounding his chest.  We took it as a compliment!

Mark Anderson

• Minneapolis MN
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »

:o  ? ? ?

The required joke about having both heard and seen Mr. Rees inserted here but not completed as it could be unfunny in either direction.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:32:54 AM by Mark Anderson »
Experience is something you gain immediately after you needed it.

Mark Dawson

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 06:07:13 AM »

I mixed a rock show recently.  One of the audience is this complete chucklehead local guitarist.   The two guitarists in the band are sharing rythym/lead duties.  I have them panned 9am - 3pm with a bit of reverb. FOH is kinda in front of the left stack.   I saw him sitting on the other side of the room, and he comes running over to complain that he cant hear the guitar. I reply "I can". He agrees and returns to his seat.  A minute later he returns with the same complaint, how the guitar on my side of the stage is a bit quieter on his side of the room, fine on my side, and good in the center.  Yes we mix in stereo, dickhead.  Not the first time we've met this chump and the tolerance level is waaayyy down :)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »

I mixed a rock show recently.  One of the audience is this complete chucklehead local guitarist.   The two guitarists in the band are sharing rythym/lead duties.  I have them panned 9am - 3pm with a bit of reverb. FOH is kinda in front of the left stack.   I saw him sitting on the other side of the room, and he comes running over to complain that he cant hear the guitar. I reply "I can". He agrees and returns to his seat.  A minute later he returns with the same complaint, how the guitar on my side of the stage is a bit quieter on his side of the room, fine on my side, and good in the center.  Yes we mix in stereo, dickhead.  Not the first time we've met this chump and the tolerance level is waaayyy down :)

If your system is not covering the room in stereo, why mix in stereo? Doesn't the whole room deserve the same sound?
Jay Barracato

Marty McCann

• Meridian, Mississippi USA
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »

If your system is not covering the room in stereo, why mix in stereo? Doesn't the whole room deserve the same sound?

+1

Some folks are anal re-tentative about the whole stereo/mono issue.  This is a prime example of someone who should know better from his own example, but just does not get it.

Oh well.    :D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.