ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comfortable dress shoes?  (Read 5276 times)

Matt Collins

Comfortable dress shoes?
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »

I need to buy some very comfortable dress shoes. They need to be comfortable enough that I can wear standing for hours at a time, but yet nice enough to wear with a suit. Also, I don't want to spend a ton of money either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Comfortable dress shoes?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:41:08 PM »

I need to buy some very comfortable dress shoes. They need to be comfortable enough that I can wear standing for hours at a time, but yet nice enough to wear with a suit. Also, I don't want to spend a ton of money either.

I teach daily in a suit and hard shoes (on my feet alot) and I have found that if you are wearing hard shoes daily, it is important to let them breathe between wearings. I am actually to the point where I have 6-7 pairs in a fairly regular rotation. For price/comfort, I have been happy with Bostonian from the Men's Wearhouse. Invest in cedar shoe trees as well. This practice has worked better than trying to wear one more expensive pair daily.
Jay Barracato

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »

I work full-time for an AV company that provides for hotels and at my location we are required to wear suits every day.  I chose Clarks Unstructured series for it's weight (or lack thereof), comfort, and sole (nice and non-slip).  They aren't working shoes and my toecaps are pretty beat up, but they are a great shoe.  I pair them up with SmartWool socks (medium weight or less) and my feet are living the high life.  Mine cost me about $130 at a local shoe store.  While there, I found out that my right foot is almost a full size smaller than my left...they added a filler on the inside of the tongue to compensate.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:50:40 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 05:03:33 PM »

Ecco Berlin
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mark Chrysostom

• Charleston, SC
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 06:17:53 PM »

I've been very happy with a pair of Florsheims I picked up a few years ago.

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »

If two people agree in this thread, I'll be shocked.

Oh, and Rockport Dressports are epic... actually, any Rockport, really.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 04:52:59 AM »

I only have 2 styles of footwear, Converse Chuck Taylor High Tops, and Magnum boots. For corporate gigs  when I need to wear a suit and tie, I usually just put on an all black pair of the Chucks. But when I work all day on a show floor, I may opt for the boots. Polished up, the boots look just like a standard pair of black shoes.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Mark Chrysostom

• Charleston, SC
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »

I only have 2 styles of footwear, Converse Chuck Taylor High Tops, and Magnum boots. For corporate gigs  when I need to wear a suit and tie, I usually just put on an all black pair of the Chucks. But when I work all day on a show floor, I may opt for the boots. Polished up, the boots look just like a standard pair of black shoes.

:D Chucks also make great boat shoes. That's versatility for you.

Brian Ehlers

• West Michigan
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »

For more opinions, check out the previous thread in this forum regarding ECCO.

Of course, different strokes for different folks.  You can tell within 2 seconds of lacing up a pair of shoes in the store whether or not they'll work for you.  Some shoe makers use a last that's seemingly identical to your own feet.  Others use a last that identical to your neighbor's feet.  They might both be great shoes, but if they don't fit ....

Marty McCann

• Meridian, Mississippi USA
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »

For me it is Justin or Roper lace-up cowboy boots.  They support the ankles very well and actually are better for those with a bad back, than sports shoes.  I bought my first pair in 1992.  I now have 7 pairs, and the black ones shined up look very dressy with a suit.  Two pair have been on every continent but Anartica.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »

I work full-time for an AV company that provides for hotels and at my location we are required to wear suits every day.  I chose Clarks Unstructured series for it's weight (or lack thereof), comfort, and sole (nice and non-slip).  They aren't working shoes and my toecaps are pretty beat up, but they are a great shoe.  I pair them up with SmartWool socks (medium weight or less) and my feet are living the high life.  Mine cost me about $130 at a local shoe store.  While there, I found out that my right foot is almost a full size smaller than my left...they added a filler on the inside of the tongue to compensate.

I'll send you a couple of pennys to put in the depressions at the bottoms of those shoes....for good luck!  They don't make penny loafers any more...?

Cheers,
  Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Matt Collins

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »

For more opinions, check out the previous thread in this forum regarding ECCO.

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/57459/0/0/0/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.