ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Studer Vista 5  (Read 13181 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Studer Vista 5
« on: July 26, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with the Studer Vista 5? I'm pretty sure it is a 5, not a 5SR. There is almost no real information on the Studer website, and no way to download the offline software. I have the shop trying to get me the software, but there isn't even a spec sheet on the site, nor in the manual. How do you usually get the software?

I may be using one in a month since it seems to be hard to find a Digico SD10. The shop has the Studer available and would rather send out a console they have than one they have to sub rent.

I'd love to know how you set up the configuration of groups auxes and matrixes, and how many of each you get. In configuring for an SD10 I used 6 mono and 18 stereo aux sends. There are only about 40 inputs, but lots of mixes to vairous video feeds.

Mac

Marcus Thiel

• otonmusic.de
Re: Studer Vista 5
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »

There is no free Software for the Vista 5, you have to buy the configuration Software from Studer, itīs around 2500 Euros JUST for the Configuration Tool. Maybe the Shop has the Software and can do the Programming for you, also itīs not really easy to do it, so only a trained person should do the changes for you.

Also itīs not the easiest desk to configure, its really fun to work on it !!

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 07:36:05 PM »

There is no free Software for the Vista 5, you have to buy the configuration Software from Studer, itīs around 2500 Euros JUST for the Configuration Tool. Maybe the Shop has the Software and can do the Programming for you, also itīs not really easy to do it, so only a trained person should do the changes for you.

Also itīs not the easiest desk to configure, its really fun to work on it !!

That's not good news.

Mac

augie propersi

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:03:40 PM »

contact Tom Der or Rob Lewis from Studer

Or contact me off list maybe I can help as well
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]

Does anyone have any experience with the Studer Vista 5? I'm pretty sure it is a 5, not a 5SR. There is almost no real information on the Studer website, and no way to download the offline software. I have the shop trying to get me the software, but there isn't even a spec sheet on the site, nor in the manual. How do you usually get the software?

I may be using one in a month since it seems to be hard to find a Digico SD10. The shop has the Studer available and would rather send out a console they have than one they have to sub rent.

I'd love to know how you set up the configuration of groups auxes and matrixes, and how many of each you get. In configuring for an SD10 I used 6 mono and 18 stereo aux sends. There are only about 40 inputs, but lots of mixes to vairous video feeds.

Mac

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »

That's not good news.

Mac

Mac,
I PM'd you the links to the manual and to Virtual Vista.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:23:50 PM »

contact Tom Der or Rob Lewis from Studer

Or contact me off list maybe I can help as well
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]
Mac,
I PM'd you the links to the manual and to Virtual Vista.

Lee

Thanks Augie, and Lee. I will check the links and contact Tom Der tomorrow.

Augie, maybe I'll see you at AES again this year. I met you while I was walking the floor with Tom Morse last time.

Mac

Marcus Thiel

• otonmusic.de
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »

Mac, I PM'd you the links to the manual and to Virtual Vista.

Hello, i often use a Vista 5, but up to now not the Virtual Vista Software. Does this only work with the SR, or also the "normal" Vista. And how does the Software deal with the various Configurations of the Board ?

greets Marcus
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:19:40 PM by Mac Kerr »

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »

Hello, i often use a Vista 5, but up to now not the Virtual Vista Software. Does this only work with the SR, or also the "normal" Vista. And how does the Software deal with the various Configurations of the Board ?

greets Marcus

Virtual Vista is basically the software that is running on the console. The external console screen is a Windows screen running XP Pro. You can control the system from the computer instead of the control surface if you need to.

I haven't figured out how it deals with different configs, but I have confirmed that I can add mix buses and control channels to create a new config, and when I load my console layout into it nothing is screwed up.

I spent a few hours at PRG yesterday figuring out how to configure the hardware to get the 40 inputs and 72 outputs that I need. It was pretty easy to get as far as I have, I think the hard part starts now. Currently I have set up 16 mono aux sends (out of 32 possible) and 20 stereo aux sends (out of a possible 16, go figure).

It is amazing the level of detail you have to set up in this console, it is all programable. You need to define the number and type of buses, the number and type of control channels, the number and type of I/O boxes, and then you have to program in the connections from input port to input control channel, mix bus to output control channel, output control channel to output port. I haven't figured out how you create matrixes yet.

If I can make this work it is going to really streamline the patching and signal flow at CGI next month.

Mac

Chris Buford

• SR Forums
  • Richmond, VA
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 03:44:42 AM »

I spent a few hours at PRG yesterday figuring out how to configure the hardware to get the 40 inputs and 72 outputs that I need. It was pretty easy to get as far as I have, I think the hard part starts now. Currently I have set up 16 mono aux sends (out of 32 possible) and 20 stereo aux sends (out of a possible 16, go figure).

Mac

I know I'm shining my newbie light on when I ask this, but how does one use 36 different mixes? (with 20 being stereo).

I've never done any high end corporate work so clearly I'm missing something. Do the video feeds need that much a different mix?

Iain.Macdonald

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 08:32:19 AM »

Virtual Vista is basically the software that is running on the console. The external console screen is a Windows screen running XP Pro. You can control the system from the computer instead of the control surface if you need to.

I haven't figured out how it deals with different configs, but I have confirmed that I can add mix buses and control channels to create a new config, and when I load my console layout into it nothing is screwed up.

It is amazing the level of detail you have to set up in this console, it is all programable. You need to define the number and type of buses, the number and type of control channels, the number and type of I/O boxes, and then you have to program in the connections from input port to input control channel, mix bus to output control channel, output control channel to output port. I haven't figured out how you create matrixes yet.

If I can make this work it is going to really streamline the patching and signal flow at CGI next month.

Mac

Hi,

I've just been investigating the Vista 5SR for a couple of possible projects, and talked with Studer support today to sort out a few points. The word is, Virtual Vista is the operating system, as you mentioned. But if you want to change the physical configuration, changing cards etc., then you need to recompile the internal system software. This means that you need a copy of the compiler software. Also mentioned, was the need to make sure, that your VV is the same as that used when the config was compiled. That's how it was explained to me. So far this console looks to be very impressive.

Iain.

ProSoundWeb Community

ÂŦ Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 08:32:19 AM Âŧ

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 25 queries.