ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: led par 64 cans  (Read 4093 times)

curt lunsford

led par 64 cans
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »

Thinking about jumping into the led style lighting and was looking for some advice.The application is for live bands, both indoor and out.For now, just looking to go with standard par style cans to add color on the backline and a few cans on each side of stage for a front wash. Probably a total of 22 - 24 cans.
I found a brand of can called BlueMoon and was curious if anybody has heard of this or even used them and what their opinion is of these lights. Or, what you guys would recommend.
Lighting not really my thing, but one of those deals I have to do. Help me out!
If it matters, probably use the setup about 15 times a year.
Thanks.

duane massey

Re: led par 64 cans
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:06:09 PM »

Depends upon what other fixtures you already have. Fixtures are getting brighter and cheaper, and I rarely suggest anything using smaller than 1w led's. Try to stick with the name brands, as the off-brands tend to be poorer quality and almost completely lacking in customer support.

Pars, bars, panels, etc, all can be very useful, just depends upon your application and controller.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:59:16 AM »

Thinking about jumping into the led style lighting and was looking for some advice.The application is for live bands, both indoor and out.For now, just looking to go with standard par style cans to add color on the backline and a few cans on each side of stage for a front wash. Probably a total of 22 - 24 cans.
I found a brand of can called BlueMoon and was curious if anybody has heard of this or even used them and what their opinion is of these lights. Or, what you guys would recommend.
Thanks.

Colorkey Stagepar10mm has proven to be a good value. The cans are better built than most and the company offers good support.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:33:39 PM »

Thanks.

MegaLite PAR38 NE is great. Small, lightweight and great output and color mixing.
Their Bars are also impressive.

I've never heard of Blue Moon. And I did a quick Google search and found nothing. I've used a few no name brands. Sometimes they work great but support usually is horrible.

I would definitely figure out your budget and go from there.

Kyle

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:33:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.