ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which LED uplighting fixture and DMX controller would you recommend?  (Read 5713 times)

John Jow

I know this topic has been in discussion before but those were posted a few months ago and I wanted a more updated since there are newer fixtures out there and other lighting manufacturers are starting to come out with their own versions.

So far I've been eyeing the Blizzard Puck line or the Chauvet SlimPar. The newer generations have tri-colored LED's installed so there's no color shadowing at the bottom of the light beam. Also the newers models include an amber LED to give the light more warmth than the typical "hyper blue" white light output most LED fixtures produce.

So my questions are:

What LED uplighting fixture would you recommend? I would love to hear from actual product users who own them.

Also can you recommend a simple DMX controller that I can program the colors then store them in some kind of preset/controller so I don't have to be there to man the controller and anyone can run the presets?

I've seen the W-DMX wireless units, Blizzard wiICICLES and the Chauvet DiFi. Am I missing any other wireless DMX units?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:20:06 PM by John Jow »

duane massey

Re: Which LED uplighting fixture and DMX controller would you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 07:45:17 PM »

How many presets/scenes? How "dummy-proof" for playback? Do you need any "movement", as in color chases or timed fades?
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

John Jow

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 02:18:32 PM »

How many presets/scenes? How "dummy-proof" for playback? Do you need any "movement", as in color chases or timed fades?

Probably 10- 20 presets (the more the better)
Pretty dummy-proof (they just have to set up the uplighting, plug in the controller and press the presets)
Would like the option of a time fade but mostly it'll be used as constant "on" until another preset is pressed

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks!

Arjan van Gog

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:56:12 AM »

What LED uplighting fixture would you recommend? I would love to hear from actual product users who own them.

I don't own them (nobody does I think as they are just about to be released afaik) but I find these two intriguing:

EUROLITE LED CLS-18 QCL RGBW 18x8W 12°

EUROLITE LED ML-56 QCL RGBW/RGBA 18x8W bk

The ML-56 actually has 12 x 8W RGBW QCL modules and 6 x 8W RGBA QCL modules which seems very useful.

Video of CLS-18 on YouTube
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:59:37 AM by Arjan van Gog »

duane massey

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »

Showdesigner 1 would be my first choice. Lots of programming options and pretty much dummy-proof playback.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

duane massey

Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.