ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need 2 QSC HPR153 HF driver diaphrams in 24 hours  (Read 4739 times)

Sean Barry

I need 2 QSC HPR153 HF driver diaphrams in 24 hours
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:12:40 PM »

Panic in the streets!
A little background. I am a semi-retired, semi-deaf, old sound tech. I did a fest last week and 1 of the bands that played and I are old friends. We have worked together many times.
After the show 3 of the 5 players cornered me and wanted me to twist them later that week. (the other 2 went home, I guess) Apparently several of their fans told them that they sounded swell and how come Sean didn't mix them any more.... Because I retired maybe? On to the problem.
The gig is tomorrow at the same outdoor venue. With a somewhat lesser PA and probably more spectators. No worries, deal. So I call the production company, a friend of mine, small potatoes we are, and he tells me he has 2 QSC HPR153s a side but there are 2 dead horns. Now, according to the inverse square law...I'm/We're screwed?
So...Any input on where/how to score 2  QSC HPR153 HF driver diaphrams in 24 hours? Thanks, Sean.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: I need 2 QSC HPR153 HF driver diaphrams in 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »

Panic in the streets!
A little background. I am a semi-retired, semi-deaf, old sound tech. I did a fest last week and 1 of the bands that played and I are old friends. We have worked together many times.
After the show 3 of the 5 players cornered me and wanted me to twist them later that week. (the other 2 went home, I guess) Apparently several of their fans told them that they sounded swell and how come Sean didn't mix them any more.... Because I retired maybe? On to the problem.
The gig is tomorrow at the same outdoor venue. With a somewhat lesser PA and probably more spectators. No worries, deal. So I call the production company, a friend of mine, small potatoes we are, and he tells me he has 2 QSC HPR153s a side but there are 2 dead horns. Now, according to the inverse square law...I'm/We're screwed?
So...Any input on where/how to score 2  QSC HPR153 HF driver diaphrams in 24 hours? Thanks, Sean.

It depends on where you're located.  If you're in or near a major metro area you can probably find parts.

But first I'd call QSC's service dept and ask about their authorized repair stations, then call the one closest to the HPRs and see if they have them in stock.

Good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Sean Barry

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »

Thanks Tim, the production company ordered a pair but they won't be here by tomorrow. I guess I'll just be quiet and muffled :(

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:54:53 PM »

Thanks Tim, the production company ordered a pair but they won't be here by tomorrow. I guess I'll just be quiet and muffled :(

Some idea of where you are could help.  This forum has participants from all over the world, but most of us are in the USA.  A city & state might elicit a response from someone with a diaphragm on the shelf.

If the production company can't do any better than a pair of boxes with blown horns, I think they should be passing the gig onto another firm as an accommodation to the client.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:52:45 PM »

Isn't this a 90 x 40 degree box? If so, you may be fine with just using the 2 good boxes one a side. I don't believe any of the HPR series is designed to be used 2 to a side, unless you want lots of comb filtering.

With blown drivers on the bad ones, maybe you can aux feed them to increase lower end... or just use 2 of the HPRs that work.

Cosmo

• SR Forums
  • Northern Colorado, USA
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »

Isn't this a 90 x 40 degree box? If so, you may be fine with just using the 2 good boxes one a side. I don't believe any of the HPR series is designed to be used 2 to a side, unless you want lots of comb filtering.

With blown drivers on the bad ones, maybe you can aux feed them to increase lower end... or just use 2 of the HPRs that work.

Ned pretty much got it.  If you have the snake channels and the crossover/processing, run the rig as a dual system with vocals thru the boxes with the good horns and everything else thru the "challenged" cabinets.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.  - H.D. Thoreau

Doug Maye

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 11:15:32 AM »

Call QSC and pay for the FEDEX or UPS overnight.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 11:15:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.