ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY is there no spell check ??  (Read 13715 times)

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
Re: WHY is there no spell check ??
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »

You guys are missing the point... the spell check is like the whale in Moby Dick.

JR
"Accursed spell-check - with my last breath I stab at thee..."
Laughing out loud - thanks!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »

As Mac suggested I sent a PM to Mr. Ciola. That hasn't been answered either.

Being one of the few people who defended the transition I find that as being more than rude and lacking professionalism.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Iain.Macdonald

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 10:02:09 AM »

Being one of the few people who defended the transition I find that as being more than rude and lacking professionalism.

I get the point. But maybe you should be more worried about the inclusion of spyware, ie red sheriff tracking from IMR Worldwide. Once loaded via an embedded Java applet, it tracks everything you do on the web. That's one reason why people suggested that you use firefox with the NoScript plugin. If you do get a pm reply, examine the header code.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »

I get the point. But maybe you should be more worried about the inclusion of spyware, ie red sheriff tracking from IMR Worldwide. Once loaded via an embedded Java applet, it tracks everything you do on the web. That's one reason why people suggested that you use firefox with the NoScript plugin. If you do get a pm reply, examine the header code.

I blocked IMR when it first came up in NoScript.  This tracking software is another reason I have a problem with PSW/Electronic Home Publishing.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »

iespell will give you spell checking on all sites visited using ie. Very worthwhile.
Also, it's a matter of opinion as to whether a spell-checker should be part of forum software or a web site or not, especially for a site that has users from around the world who have different ways of spelling the same word. Much more sensible to have your own (and customizable) on your browser. Give iespell a try.
While iespell is free for personal use there is a licensing fee for commercial use, which is why it is on my personal laptop but not any of the business computers.  This is ProSoundWeb much of the interaction here would seem to be considered professional/commercial use.  While I like iespell, I don't feel like paying $15 for a license just for this one forum.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »

I can accept suggestions, am well aware of IMR, etc., but the point is being missed.

Prior to the transition the spell check was to be implimented along with a number of other creature features. Some features sooner than later, some still being debated. I spell as well as most people and don't have an issue if a spell checker isn't going to become a part of the site. The point is simply this. If someone has asked you a question be courteous enough to fucking answer them. If the plan has changed then say so, if a decision hasn't been made, then say so. Enough said.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 06:38:28 AM »

The point is simply this. If someone has asked you a question be courteous enough to fucking answer them.

+1.  I'm sure you have read Hammer's "the phone's ringing but no one is there" thread, as well.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »

Bob, I think I figured it out. Since you've identified yourself as the Leonard's of Boston, even a mid level IT guy can connect the dots and realize that you are "that" Bob Leonard famous in computer rooms from Gloucester to Worcester (and every 'ster" in between) for making bits behave, even those odd parity bits. 

He's just intimidated by you...  give him some time to get over his fear. Rome wasn't built in a day, and several months for a spell checker is better than never.

What's the alternative, it's not like there are other websites on the internet. ;D

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.