ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XLR mic vs. Beta mic  (Read 4675 times)

Micheal Weinstein

XLR mic vs. Beta mic
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:20:15 PM »

I have a XLR adapter to 2 1\2 pin plug that is a mono hookup and a Beta Microphone and am having trouble getting it to work on an amp that our youth group is trying to use with several electric guitars. will this work together or do i have to use an XLR Mic?

Justin Bartlett

Re: XLR mic vs. Beta mic
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 02:01:37 AM »

I have a XLR adapter to 2 1\2 pin plug that is a mono hookup and a Beta Microphone and am having trouble getting it to work on an amp that our youth group is trying to use with several electric guitars. will this work together or do i have to use an XLR Mic?

I'm not sure I can tell what you're trying to do or what equipment you're using.

What do you mean by "2 1/2 pin plug"?  What do you mean by "a Beta Microphone"?  Do you mean something from the Shure Beta line?  If so, what microphone?  Are you trying to just plug the mic into a guitar amp or something?  And what do you mean by "do I have to use an XLR Mic?"

Could you maybe post a photo of what you're trying to do?

EmilBarnabas

• Barnabas MultiMedia
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:01 PM »

I'm guessing that you have a microphone with an XLR connector on it and you are trying to plug it into an amplifier that has a 1/4" mic input.

If this is true, then it appears that you are using the wrong adapter. Here is what you need.

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/298689.html
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062443

EmilBarnabas

• Barnabas MultiMedia
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »

If your microphone requires phantom power, then the adapter I recommended will not work.

A dynamic mic, like a Shure SM58, would work fine with the adapter I recommended.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.