ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin 518 pan reverse ? FIXED Now  (Read 4208 times)

Bill Bluell

Martin 518 pan reverse ? FIXED Now
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »

How do I reverse the pan on a Martin 518 running in mode 1.  Last time I used these was about 8 years ago and I'll be damned if I can remember. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:28:42 AM by Bill Bluell »

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
Re: Martin 518 pan reverse ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:43:40 PM »

How do I reverse the pan on a Martin 518 running in mode 1.  Last time I used these was about 8 years ago and I'll be damned if I can remember. Thanks
It can't be done on the fixture, you need to do it on the console.
Also remember, that unless these have been internally modded, pin 2,3 will need to be reversed on the dmx in/out sockets.
Cheers,
Darren
ps: let me know your email and I can send you the manual.

Bill Bluell

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:27:48 AM »

It can't be done on the fixture, you need to do it on the console.
Also remember, that unless these have been internally modded, pin 2,3 will need to be reversed on the dmx in/out sockets.
Cheers,
Darren
ps: let me know your email and I can send you the manual.
Let me include a little more information. The 8 martin 518's are controlled by a Martin Freekie. Not the best controller(but it contains the h, v, and circular macro's built in), and it was cheap. The Freekie does not contain(that I know of) a pan/ tilt invert built into it. If I understand what you are saying, there is no way using pin settings to invert the pan on the 518's and there is no way to invert the pan on the controller. There must be a way to rewire the pan motor in the 518 to achieve an invert. Since the install will not be moving, this would not be a problem. Any suggestions.
I do not need manuals and because of the other lighting in the system, I not only need to reverse pins 2 and 3 going in, I must also manually reverse pins 2 and 3 coming out but must also install the Martins first in the line and the movers second. Generally you should be able to install the Martins anywhere in the line and they would work but noooooooooo :o Trust me on the latter.  It is a compatability issue with the movers.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:01:01 AM by Bill Bluell »

Bill Bluell

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »

I have confirmed that there is no invert on the fixture or the controller. Assuming I must use the 518's and the Freekie and that I do not want to program the fixtures individually, I have an alternative that hopefully someone can give me an answer on.
I would like to reverse the polarity on the DC Pan motor only. This should theoretically control the motor so it runs in reverse with the same parameters as the correct polarity. My concern is that this may somehow affect the drivers. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Am I nuts for trying this considering the age of the scanner. Would you just program the lights individually. I really dont want to have to program 8 scanners when, if this would work, I could program 4 pairs

Bill Bluell

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:37:16 AM »

I have confirmed that there is no invert on the fixture or the controller. Assuming I must use the 518's and the Freekie and that I do not want to program the fixtures individually, I have an alternative that hopefully someone can give me an answer on.
I would like to reverse the polarity on the DC Pan motor only. This should theoretically control the motor so it runs in reverse with the same parameters as the correct polarity. My concern is that this may somehow affect the drivers. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Am I nuts for trying this considering the age of the scanner. Would you just program the lights individually. I really dont want to have to program 8 scanners when, if this would work, I could program 4 pairs
The fix I am using has been tested for about 12 hours. We measured the voltage for the pan motor wiring and determined that reversing the the four pins by turning the connector in the reverse position supplied the pins with the proper voltage but from different sources.
 I then removed the upper right position stop and replaced it with a nut and bolt. The upper right stop assumes you are looking at it with the scanner on its back and the mirror facing you from the top.  Not totally my idea so I wont take credit for it but it seems to work with very little time into it. Hope this helps someone else

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:37:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.