ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Discovery ??  (Read 5384 times)

Lance Qu

• Engineer/Sales
New Discovery ??
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:55:53 AM »

i have found something in woofer suppension,between the rolls . this thing looks like rubber and glutionous.  i found this thing in CIARE Woofer, an Italian speaker brand.

i think this thing can increase maximum LF, and extend woofer life by protecting the suppension when dynamics.

two months ago, i installed a club with 36 speakers ( 24 full-range /  12 sub) . a month later, 11 bass transducers were gone ,  this week , another 13 bass transducers were gone. they ended up their lives with tearing in suppension ,then the gap goes down to the cone. what a horrible thing to me !! all gone .
but i need to make a statement, all the transducers were made by ourselves. we have the equiments (Measurement,assembling..).  ;)
now , i am finding that thing for woofer suppension, but no result so far . any body knows ??

i suggest that adding that thing to your woofer,  its LF performance will be more amazing and life will be longer too . good to maintain your gears .
Lance Quinn

Jesus always loves us;
Let music comfort your pain...
http://www.icespeaker.com

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
Re: New Discovery ??
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:57:39 AM »

i have found something in woofer suppension,between the rolls . this thing looks like rubber and glutionous.  i found this thing in CIARE Woofer, an Italian speaker brand.

i think this thing can increase maximum LF, and extend woofer life by protecting the suppension when dynamics.

now , i am finding that thing for woofer suppension, but no result so far . any body knows ??

i suggest that adding that thing to your woofer,  its LF performance will be more amazing and life will be longer too . good to maintain your gears .

What do Ciare have to say about it? If they put it in their speakers, they probably know what it does or does not do.
Just a thought,
David.

Albert Thomas

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 03:42:35 PM »

two months ago, i installed a club with 36 speakers ( 24 full-range /  12 sub) . a month later, 11 bass transducers were gone ,  this week , another 13 bass transducers were gone. they ended up their lives with tearing in suppension ,then the gap goes down to the cone. what a horrible thing to me !! all gone .
but i need to make a statement, all the transducers were made by ourselves. we have the equiments (Measurement,assembling..).  ;)

Did you say you built the transducers, the actual speakers on the blown subs? Or did you build the enclosure boxes?

What drivers were they and what amplifiers were they using?

Lance Qu

• Engineer/Sales
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »

Did you say you built the transducers, the actual speakers on the blown subs? Or did you build the enclosure boxes?

What drivers were they and what amplifiers were they using?

right, i built the transducers ,the actual speakers on the blown subs.driving the subs are Martin Audio MA6.2s amplifier (2000w/ch 8 ohm). and my 218 sub' power is 1600w .

Lance Quinn

Jesus always loves us;
Let music comfort your pain...
http://www.icespeaker.com

Albert Thomas

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »

right, i built the transducers ,the actual speakers on the blown subs.driving the subs are Martin Audio MA6.2s amplifier (2000w/ch 8 ohm). and my 218 sub' power is 1600w .

That's very cool that you can design and build your own drivers, but wow!, it's tricky enough to integrate an off the shelf driver into a box and make it work really well let alone roll your own, I respect that.  I'm no speaker engineer ( industrial automation control systems engineering is my bag) but I would say that either the transducer design didn't meet the real world requirements or they were just over driven past their specs. The failure mode you describe sounds like they were likely driven past Xmax limits. This could be a suspension under design, not enough infra-sonic filter, improper cabinet design, or just flat driven recklessly.  Just guesses though. I don't have enough expertise in your field to give you useful advice.

Good luck

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.