ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF NX Subs  (Read 8210 times)

Fernando Lopez

RCF NX Subs
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »

Does anyone know the difference between the RCF NXS21-A and the NXS25-A

I saw in the specs that the NXS25 is a double 15, goes up to 136dbs and down to 40Hz, while the NXS21 is a 21 inch, goes up to 135dbs and dows to 30Hz.

Both enclosures are the same size and the stores that sell them recommend one of each per side with 2 NXL23-A on top for an audience of about 500

This is one example:
http://www.musicstore.com/es_ES/ESP/_SET_-RCF-NX-L-23-Groundstacksystem-/art-PAH217

If anyone can enlighten me on the differences and why to purchase one of each I would appreciate it

Thanks,

Lance Qu

• Engineer/Sales
Re: RCF NX Subs
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 02:05:55 AM »

Does anyone know the difference between the RCF NXS21-A and the NXS25-A

I saw in the specs that the NXS25 is a double 15, goes up to 136dbs and down to 40Hz, while the NXS21 is a 21 inch, goes up to 135dbs and dows to 30Hz.

Both enclosures are the same size and the stores that sell them recommend one of each per side with 2 NXL23-A on top for an audience of about 500

This is one example:
http://www.musicstore.com/es_ES/ESP/_SET_-RCF-NX-L-23-Groundstacksystem-/art-PAH217

If anyone can enlighten me on the differences and why to purchase one of each I would appreciate it

Thanks,

NX S25-A is with Bi-Amp design, but NX S21-A is without Bi-Amp design...
Lance Quinn

Jesus always loves us;
Let music comfort your pain...
http://www.icespeaker.com

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »

the stores that sell them recommend one of each per side with 2 NXL23-A on top for an audience of about 500

What qualifications do these people have to make that kind of recommendation? Maybe it'll work OK if the different subs are procesed to cover seperate frequency bands, but if it were me I'd probably get 4 of the same sub and 3 or 4 tops per side.

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »

What qualifications do these people have to make that kind of recommendation? Maybe it'll work OK if the different subs are procesed to cover seperate frequency bands, but if it were me I'd probably get 4 of the same sub and 3 or 4 tops per side.

This is what I am trying to find out!!!!

Is this array tower configured as woofers (double 15") and subs (the 21")?

Thanks,

Marc Benedict

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:01:08 PM »

This is what I am trying to find out!!!!

Is this array tower configured as woofers (double 15") and subs (the 21")?

Thanks,

I attended a RCF demo for the whole NX series when they were released a couple years ago. I asked the RCF factory tech and reps about mixing subs. It was their recommendation to have two 21” subs and two double 15” per side for 1000people. I was told they have been “processed to play nicely” together but they didn’t have any traces on hand. The 15’s on their own are punchy but just didn’t have low extension. The 21’s on their own didn’t really produce much in the upper bass region and seemed to have a “slow” response. IMHO having both types of subs together did work and sound better than just using one type. As you also mentioned, the subs are identical in size and lock together. If you go with NX L23a’s you wont need to purchase the flybar for ground stacks. The subs have slotting pins that directly attached to the L23a. Hope that helps a bit

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »

Thanks Marc,

Yes,the NX will let me ground stack 2 subs and up to 4 tops with out flying them, which I really like.

Where you able to hear them? Or was that just a comment from the RCF guys?

Thanks!!!!!!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.