ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help finding a PA consultant  (Read 4572 times)

Matthew Bogard

Help finding a PA consultant
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »

My church is interested in finding a PA consultant who specializes in church sound systems. We are a 300 member church located in Parkersburg, WV so ideally the consultant would be within driving distance (i.e. Columbus, Pittsburgh, or possibly even Nashville).  It is an acapella church so it would be nice to have it voiced for vocals. Also, our auditorium is shaped in a hexagon. Since it is not the most ideal architecture for a sound system we are hoping to find a professional with some experience installing sound systems in atypical auditoriums. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
Re: Help finding a PA consultant
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »

My church is interested in finding a PA consultant who specializes in church sound systems. We are a 300 member church located in Parkersburg, WV so ideally the consultant would be within driving distance (i.e. Columbus, Pittsburgh, or possibly even Nashville).  It is an acapella church so it would be nice to have it voiced for vocals. Also, our auditorium is shaped in a hexagon. Since it is not the most ideal architecture for a sound system we are hoping to find a professional with some experience installing sound systems in atypical auditoriums. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

I would check out spectrum sound in Nashville, Not sure on the Acapella situation. But they do great installs and have a strong presence in the HOW world.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 06:34:17 PM »

Matt

I would check out spectrum sound in Nashville, Not sure on the Acapella situation. But they do great installs and have a strong presence in the HOW world.
This gets into the common issue of what do you mean by a 'consultant'.  Consulting is a service while consultant is a role.  A Consultant may consult and/or design, but will not sell or install the related hardware, a firm that also sells and installs the equipment may consult and/or design, but they are acting as a Design/Build Contractor rather than as a Consultant (at least as the AIA uses the terms).  There are a time and place for either approach and one has to assess several aspects of the situation to know which approach, and therefore which party, may be most effective.

It is also not clear whether you are looking for someone to optimize your existing system, to look at modifying your existing system or to design a new system.  That could also affect who might best serve your needs.

You may also want to give some consideration to firms that participate and assist here.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:36:12 PM by Brad Weber »

Don Sullivan

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »

Tom George at 8th day sound in Cleveland.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.