ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP suggestions  (Read 2790 times)

Derrick McDonald

DSP suggestions
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »

What are your suggestions for DSP with numerous in/outs?  Something where you may need 20-30 outputs, 16 inputs, etc.

I've looked at the London Soundweb and the Ev n8000, but wondered what else was out there that satisfies that much distribution.  Would also like to avoid multiple units networked together say like two 8x8 DLP's, even though having lake processing would be great.

Also, assuming you don't have onboard dsp in the amps like the labs or crown HD's.

Derrick McDonald

Re: DSP suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:45:34 PM »

Should have also said, what has worked best for you?  Software is user friendly... etc.  Versatile with most brands or what works best with certain brands.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:47:20 PM by Derrick McDonald »

paul bell

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:02:16 PM »

I believe the QSC Q-SYS system will do that many ins & outs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:07 PM »

Biamp's Audia/Nexia.  Ashly Protea ne24.24m.  Different flavors...

What's your application, and do you need all analog i/o, CobraNet, AES, or combinations of those?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Derrick McDonald

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »

Biamp's Audia/Nexia.  Ashly Protea ne24.24m.  Different flavors...

What's your application, and do you need all analog i/o, CobraNet, AES, or combinations of those?

My primary applications at this point are Vertec rigs powered by itech12000HD's, but I also do many VRX's on sticks and passive boxes thru QSC powerlights.  Can do analog, AES, etc. but interested in the most flexible configurations.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 07:07:29 PM »

My primary applications at this point are Vertec rigs powered by itech12000HD's, but I also do many VRX's on sticks and passive boxes thru QSC powerlights.  Can do analog, AES, etc. but interested in the most flexible configurations.

For the VerTec - You need Performance Manager, not a box with a power cord.  It's pretty darn sophisticated.  Not sure if there is a demo version, but I played with the public Beta.  You can watch the videos on YouTube or the hiqnet.harmanpro.com website.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:34:43 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John durisko

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »

So your looking for distribution, more so than control?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.