ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: noise restrictions  (Read 2867 times)

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

noise restrictions
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

what do you guys think about this..

This research allows us to know we can allow 95-100 db sustained with a peak, lasting no more than 5 minutes, of 105.  Anything above this would lead to hearing and property damage in a room the size and with the acoustic structural

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: noise restrictions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:18:16 PM »

This research allows us to know we can allow 95-100 db sustained with a peak, lasting no more than 5 minutes, of 105.  Anything above this would lead to hearing and property damage in a room the size and with the acoustic structural

Hello,

Noise restrictions are a great idea. (I sometimes have to remind my neighbors of who can produce the highest spl, it usually brings their noise level down) ;)

While I agree that sustained high levels of sound pressure can affect hearing and can cause permanent damage,  I find it hard to believe that any study has ever shown that a sustained pressure level of 105dB has ever caused property damage.

It would be in the 150db + range
  Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »

(I sometimes have to remind my neighbors of who can produce the highest spl, it usually brings their noise level down) ;)

Incredibly useful in college dorm rooms and apartments.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »

Did you leave out a link?  Is the second part a statement by someone else that you were quoting?  Without the supporting research and knowing factors such as what dB (dBu/dBV/dBSPL/dBLEQ/etc.), at what frequencies, if the values are  A/C/X weighted, where the measurements were made and so on then it is just some numbers with no apparent basis or meaning.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:10:51 AM by Brad Weber »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.