ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland VR5 and MP4 files  (Read 5258 times)

Ryan McLeod

Roland VR5 and MP4 files
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »

Hey all -

I'm having issues with the files recorded to memory cards on my new, shiny Roland VR5 - I love the unit but when I pop the card into my PC, the MP4 files are unreadable in a variety of ways - I have been told by Roland that VLC Player should play the files, but I get lots if video but no audio. With other players, audio but no video.

.... Reminds me of the early days of the MP3.

It also  appears that nothing will 'convert' the files to another format (wmv, avi) - ive tried a dozen freeware/hacker apps and no luck there either. Roland is working on an app, but until then........?

I've got oodles of time into this - it's about pride now. Does anyone else have a VR5 and experiencing similar issues?

Ryan McLeod

Re: Roland VR5 and MP4 files
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:46 AM »

Hi, I'm totally having similar issues with video files created by the VR-5.
Have you found a solution to this issue?
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

-- studio1178 at hotmail dot com --

thanks in advance!

The answer is Freemake video software - free and works very well.

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:59:40 AM »

[It also  appears that nothing will 'convert' the files to another format (wmv, avi) - ive tried a dozen freeware/hacker apps and no luck there either. Roland is working on an app, but until then........?]

A first check might be to check "Sample Rates"  Video is usually 48,000 Hz (48 kHz) and audio is many times recorded at 44,100 Hz (44.1 kHz)

You may have to change your audio sample rate to 48 kHz if it is not already done.

This sometimes works, (on a Mac);

With the file on your desktop, highlight the file name (The file extension name), delete and  type in a new friendly extension. (.mov, H-264)

I have never worked with the VR-5, The suggestions are based on converting all kinds of Audio/Video files to workable files.

Regards,  John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:59:40 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.