ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Bang for the Buck Hazer  (Read 12190 times)

Neil Juneja

• Muvment Lighting
Re: Best Bang for the Buck Hazer
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 01:24:32 PM »

Hello all,

Looking for the best bang for the buck haze machine to use primarily with LEDs. The hazer will need to be able to cover about a 30'x20' stage with the use of a fan. I am not a lighting guy nor do I play one on TV but wanted to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Hal Harrison

I know you're looking for an inexpensive hazer, but as far as best value, the DF-50, while one of the most expensive, really is the best bang-for-the-buck.  Over the life of any hazer, the DF-50 requires almost no maintenance, no costs, and go through about 2 ounces of fluid/hour.  And its so rare you need to run it continuously for an hour in almost any venue.  No, i don't work for the company, but its one of the best investments in the lighting world.

James Feenstra

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »

I know you're looking for an inexpensive hazer, but as far as best value, the DF-50, while one of the most expensive, really is the best bang-for-the-buck.  Over the life of any hazer, the DF-50 requires almost no maintenance, no costs, and go through about 2 ounces of fluid/hour.  And its so rare you need to run it continuously for an hour in almost any venue.  No, i don't work for the company, but its one of the best investments in the lighting world.
DF-50s are great if you get the dmx controllable version...the non-dmx version, however, isn't so great as there's no control over the amount of output you get

as for oil vs water based, I MUCH prefer water, as even though the droplet size is slightly larger, it doesn't leave a residue which after extensive use. Not such an issue for a production company, but in a club scenario you'll end up having to do quite a bit more maintenance on your gear because of it
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Neil Juneja

• Muvment Lighting
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »

DF-50s are great if you get the dmx controllable version...the non-dmx version, however, isn't so great as there's no control over the amount of output you get

as for oil vs water based, I MUCH prefer water, as even though the droplet size is slightly larger, it doesn't leave a residue which after extensive use. Not such an issue for a production company, but in a club scenario you'll end up having to do quite a bit more maintenance on your gear because of it

You can put the hazer on a DMX relay - cheaper than getting the DMX or timer unit installed on the DF-50.

As far as residue, i have noticed none as long as the venue is not overfilled with haze.  Reel EFX & CITC claim that there is no residue if used properly, and I have the same results.  However, I absolutely see it as a possibility in a club venue if used all the time.  If used properly (which tends to be only a couple of minutes/hour for most venues), I don't think residue would be much of a problem.

James Feenstra

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »

You can put the hazer on a DMX relay - cheaper than getting the DMX or timer unit installed on the DF-50.

thats still on or off...it can't be run at say, 50% if full on is too much for the venue, even with minimal usage. personally i like hazers that i can turn on and leave on all night so i don't have to think about it while i'm running a show. last thing I want to happen is;

a) have a fire alarm system in a venue trip due to excess haze because i forgot it was on while running a cue intensive portion of a show

-or-

b) miss cues in the show while turning the hazer on/off

As far as residue, i have noticed none as long as the venue is not overfilled with haze.  Reel EFX & CITC claim that there is no residue if used properly, and I have the same results.  However, I absolutely see it as a possibility in a club venue if used all the time.  If used properly (which tends to be only a couple of minutes/hour for most venues), I don't think residue would be much of a problem.
they can claim it all they like, but I know for a fact every time someone brings an oil based hazer into my venue i need to clean oily shit out of all my lights the next day...
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.