ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outlaw oversize pic files???  (Read 3636 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Outlaw oversize pic files???
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:46 pm »

Would it be possible to somehow filter the attachments so oversized "post stretchers" were a no-go?  Please.......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ernie Black

• Administrator
    • Standing Stone Designs
Re: Outlaw oversize pic files???
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:52:01 am »

Would it be possible to somehow filter the attachments so oversized "post stretchers" were a no-go?  Please.......

Good point. I will investigate it. Can you provide an example?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:56:33 am by Ernie Black »
Code Warrior of the Seven Galaxies

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

Good point. I will investigate it. Can you provide an example?

Ernie....

Can't find one right now.  Will provide a link next time it happens.

Ernie Black

• Administrator
    • Standing Stone Designs
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:55:25 pm »

Ernie....

Can't find one right now.  Will provide a link next time it happens.

We have installed the mod ResizeImagesToFitScreen which does just what it says, resizes images to fit the user's screen.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 05:59:32 pm »

We have installed the mod ResizeImagesToFitScreen which does just what it says, resizes images to fit the user's screen.

It doesn't seem to work. I deleted the image that brought on Dick's ire because the poster would not use his real name, but I have seen other images that were larger than the screen. When resize does work it seems to cause the screen to redraw slowing down the page load. I think a hard limit on image size (I vote for 800x600) would speed page loads and decrease file sizes. Images at that size are fine, that is the size I save images to before posting them.

Mac

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:32:41 pm »

It doesn't seem to work. I deleted the image that brought on Dick's ire because the poster would not use his real name, but I have seen other images that were larger than the screen. When resize does work it seems to cause the screen to redraw slowing down the page load. I think a hard limit on image size (I vote for 800x600) would speed page loads and decrease file sizes. Images at that size are fine, that is the size I save images to before posting them.

Mac

Thanks, Mac.  That's what I was thinking.  I just didn't know if and how a limit could be applied.

Ernie Black

• Administrator
    • Standing Stone Designs
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 07:35:17 pm »

Thanks, Mac.  That's what I was thinking.  I just didn't know if and how a limit could be applied.

Seems the size limit is set by filesize, not image dimensions, with max size being 512KB. The image in http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,134393.msg1260655.html#msg1260655 is only 90KB despite being 1024x768. I'll see what I can find to address the issue. I agree that 800x600 is ample; if a larger image is really needed (as, for instance, in the case of a detailed circuit diagram), then it should be linked, not embedded.

EDIT: Check it now! Turns out to be supremely easy: you just set the max height and width in the Admin ---> Features and Options --> Basic Features --> Maximum posted image size / width. I set the max values to 800 for both.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:43:56 pm by Ernie Black »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 07:46:59 pm »

Seems the size limit is set by filesize, not image dimensions, with max size being 512KB. The image in http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,134393.msg1260655.html#msg1260655 is only 90KB despite being 1024x768. I'll see what I can find to address the issue. I agree that 800x600 is ample; if a larger image is really needed (as, for instance, in the case of a detailed circuit diagram), then it should be linked, not embedded.

EDIT: Check it now! Turns out to be supremely easy: you just set the max height and width in the Admin ---> Features and Options --> Basic Features --> Maximum posted image size / width. I set the max values to 800 for both.

Well done, Code Warrior!!!  The Federation appreciates your service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.