ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Xta disaster....  (Read 11713 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Real names are required
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 01:03:43 AM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Tim Woodworth

• Intellasound Productions
Re: Xta disaster....
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »

We had that exact issue 6-7 years ago. The very few times that I have needed an XTA product serviced, I call Kevin at Group One at 516-249-8877. They do a great job and are very quick to get things back to you if you need them. I think they are located in NY.

Good Luck

Tim Woodworth
Intellasound Productions

Tim Woodworth
Intellasound Productions
Verona, WI

paul bell

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »

Also had one channel of an EV Dx34 processor go into full-gain oscillation at about 500Hz, on a monitor mix, during a show.  EV wouldn't accept it for repair because it was an end-of-life product.  So we replaced all the Dx34s in monitor world with Dx38s.

OK guys, here's a time the "quote" button is needed!

Dave, with a support policy like that, I certainly wouldn't have not bought another similar product from the same maker.

I've always heard very good things about XTA factory service.

Dave Barnett

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 02:50:50 AM »

Dave, with a support policy like that, I certainly wouldn't have not bought another similar product from the same maker.

Most manufacturers will end-of-life their obsolete products after they've been out of production for a few years, often there are components that are no longer available.  This is especially true for fast-moving technologies such as digital processors.  I've also run into end-of-life service issues with some Crown amplifiers.

Besides, the Dx38s were available locally when I needed immediate replacements.

Waring Hayes (XTA Technical)

• XTA Official Website
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 03:26:25 AM »

Hello everyone - I hope you'll all welcome me back to the forum - I work for xta in R&D as a design engineer but also handle a lot of technical support stuff so please feel free to get in touch if you've any concerns in the future - I was a member on here and received emails automatically when threads relating to issues I had found were updated but for whatever reason that stopped some time back.

I got into this thread due to an email I received from Chris Fuller, a systems engineer at Great Lakes Sound, after he had read some things that concerned him about his DP226s.

So here is the definitive answer which I hope will put everyone's mind at rest.

We continue to support all units we have ever produced  - we obviusly have limited stock of certain parts that are now obsolete, but we will always try our best to get your gear up and running again.  We are well aware what sort of investment buying kit is and you deserve to get your money's worth!

Specifically referring to the DP226, the sort of crash described at the start of this thread is symptomatic of a failing EPROM or processor socket.  More follows...

• XTA Official Website
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:16 AM »

If units are returned to us they'll have the EPROM socket removed and replaced by a surface mount adapter that solders directly into the socket holes and the EPROM then solders to the adapter so preventing this from happening again.  If required, a similar adapter will be used for the host processor as well.

Our servicing is fixed price  - £75.00 plus parts/return shipping and VAT where applicable.  In the case of this issue, we don't charge for the (quite expensive!) parts - just the £75.00 (+shipping/vat).

Just to address the other concern about import and export costs - the basic thing to remember is to state the equipment is being RETURNED to manufacturer for REPAIR and its value is LOW - not what it's worth to what it cost to buy. 

Info on the returns procedure is on our website here:
http://www.audiocore.co.uk/techsupport.html#returns

Hope this helps everyone - please feel free to contact me directly at xta if you've any other questions [email protected]

Cheers,

Waring Hayes

• XTA Official Website
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 04:39:48 AM »

One more thing relating to the duty to pay on repairs  - I checked a little further into this and the deal is as long as it's marked RETURN TO MANUFACTURER FOR REPAIR - we have a 6 month window to get it back to where it came from.

Obviously we won't take that long (!) but the value should then be immaterial as no duty should be paid (apart from any handling the customs in your country apply which is in our experience about £21.00 which we pay for the return shipping route).

Hope this clarifies things for everyone!

Waring

• XTA Official Website
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 10:58:24 AM »

Oops - sorry about that Mac - duly changed.
 :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 10:58:24 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.