ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here are my questions concerns with the Soundcraft Vi1  (Read 4357 times)

Jason M Wagner

Here are my questions concerns with the Soundcraft Vi1
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »

I've been using a Soundcraft Vi1 since February. It's not a bad console, but here are my concerns and questions:

How can I get the VCA names to propagate to others snapshots after an entire show has been created already? I can't get the VCA names to save in other snapshots without going through each cue, re-typing the names and updating the snapshot. Also, the same for Matrix feeds and their sends.

Why is it when I move a block of cues within a show, and the first cue in the list has three aux parameters selected and the others don't, that the other cues then have the aux parameters selected after moving them?

When typing snapshot names, I will use an "/" or other characters. When saved, some characters then change into "!". Is this a glitch in the programming? Sometimes the external keyboard won't work either.

Sometimes the screen will glitch and the fx box that is normally on the channel that is being fed the fx will show up on other channels. Sometimes channel names will disappear until I restart the console.

Are there any plans to make the Edit: Undo button more useful? I rarely find an occasion that it helps me.

What about plans for the user definable buttons on the console? Or the User 1 and 2 buttons?

Sometimes all the meters on the console will blink out for less than half a second then return to working order. Reason for this?

Sometimes when adjusting a fader on one page and then immediately switching to another page, that fader will not move to the position it should be on the second page. It will stay in the same position, sometimes drastically changes the volume of another channel.

When coming out of preview mode, some faders will not adjust back to their "live" position, but stay in the position that was set in preview mode, having the same affect as above.

There is sometimes a pause between cues or the changing of pages. Not good. With this happening between cues, it can cause the user to think he hadn't fully pressed the "next" button, thus moving ahead two cues rather than one.

This may be a personal issue, but the faders seem to be very sensitive. Sometimes moving a fader slightly seems to result in a bigger change than intended.

Your thoughts?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Here are my questions concerns with the Soundcraft Vi1
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »

Yes, but how does it sound?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »

If you can't make it work, how it sounds is irrelevant.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

Please specify with which band, which mics, which PA, which room and which sound engineer you mean...
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.