ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Value of used Soundcraft SM-20, 48 channel  (Read 6987 times)

Loren Jones

Value of used Soundcraft SM-20, 48 channel
« on: January 15, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »

Hey all,

Trying out the new forum with this question.  Our church is looking at selling our Soundcraft SM-20 monitor console.  If not familiar it is a 48 channel monitor desk with 14 stereo plus 6 mono mixes or 20 mono mixes.  It is about 7 years old and has lived in a single location its entire life.  It apparently cost $29,000 or so new.  What would be ballpark value today.  Everything on it works.  There is one corner where the top end is slightly bent.

Thoughts?  I am thinking in the $10,000 range but have no idea.

Thanks,
Loren Jones

Brad Harris

Re: Value of used Soundcraft SM-20, 48 channel
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »

That is one of my favorite monitor desks.

Why are they looking to sell it? I've been bouncing down the road with one for the past 4 years doing corporates, festivals (summer and winter), etc and aside from some fader cleaning and replacing a dead rail, it hasn't had a hiccup yet.

If your dead set on getting rid of it, check out Sound Broker and other broker websites to see what the going price is these days.

Loren Jones

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »

The reason we are getting rud if it is to go to a system for the musicians to mix their own monitors (MyMix www.mymixaudio.com) similar to Aviom. The reason we are doing that is band member complaints about slow monitor mixes with poor mix quality. There are no sound pros on our team and the dedication and professionalism of our volunteers is ummmmm mixed.

I realize the sm20 is a nice desk so hopefully we can get a decent price for it and someone can get good use out of it.

I'll check out those sites.

Thanks
Loren jones.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »

I realize the sm20 is a nice desk so hopefully we can get a decent price for it and someone can get good use out of it.

Once you have an idea about a price, there are the Marketplace on these forums and for another month and half or so the Marketplace on the old forums.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.