ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Input or Output EQ in DSP?  (Read 15115 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Input or Output EQ in DSP?
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:55 PM »

Yes the eq will be for the flattening of the cabs. Only eq I use to add color is on the mixer for individual channels. And speaking of smaart, I need to learn how to use that, lol.
I have been running QRX212s for a couple of years with a PLX3402 on the mids and a PLX1602 on the highs. I have never needed limiters. I have my gain structure set up right and stay out of the red (yes, that means no little clipping).
If one pair won't do it, then I don't have enough. Two pair is used if the venue is wider, or if not, I run as a dual PA.
With 2 pair good for a tent with 1000 peeps.
Oh, I use a Sabine NAV480 for processing.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Wali Raffiqi

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »

I have been running QRX212s for a couple of years with a PLX3402 on the mids and a PLX1602 on the highs. I have never needed limiters. I have my gain structure set up right and stay out of the red (yes, that means no little clipping).
If one pair won't do it, then I don't have enough. Two pair is used if the venue is wider, or if not, I run as a dual PA.
With 2 pair good for a tent with 1000 peeps.
Oh, I use a Sabine NAV480 for processing.
Thanks Rob.

I have a fear of the red light myself, so thankfully I never see it :P. But usually I still set the limiter on the DRPA (even though it's probably pointless on this DSP) just so I feel a little more comfortable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.