ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Its a good day america  (Read 6670 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
Its a good day america
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:49:32 PM »

I would just like to take this moment to correct the presidents speech from "I", "I", "I", to "we". Its a victory for all of us, from those who are serving beside me as we speak, to those of you who have served in the past, and to those who support us with the tax dollars and moral support and a citzen of this great country.

Its a great day, and its a day my time overseas all seems worth it....now back to work!

Ummm...sound thread, what mic was Obama using? ;)

Stuart Pendleton

• Colonial Yorktown, VA
Re: Its a good day america
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:00:47 AM »

There's a party going on right here, a celebration to last throughout the year..."

Chris Gruber

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:40:57 AM »

There's a party going on right here, a celebration to last throughout the year..."
So bring your good times and your laughter
too. From us here in America, F*** you.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 04:19:26 AM »

I would just like to take this moment to correct the presidents speech from "I", "I", "I", to "we". Its a victory for all of us, from those who are serving beside me as we speak, to those of you who have served in the past, and to those who support us with the tax dollars and moral support and a citzen of this great country.

Its a great day, and its a day my time overseas all seems worth it....now back to work!

Ummm...sound thread, what mic was Obama using? ;)

I think that instead of celebrating another death and our military might we should use today to remember the civilians who died in NY on 9-11, and the great many more who have died in Irak, Afghanistan, Paksitan, and now, Libya - during the ongoing war on terror.  It takes two to tango - and this dance, sadly, is far from over!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:14 AM »

I think that instead of celebrating another death and our military might we should use today to remember the civilians who died in NY on 9-11, and the great many more who have died in Irak, Afghanistan, Paksitan, and now, Libya - during the ongoing war on terror.  It takes two to tango - and this dance, sadly, is far from over!

I agree it is a little unseemly to celebrate in the street just because we checked one terrorist off our short list, but I understand the sentiment. This individual was the symbolic figurehead of numerous terrorist groups who served great injury upon innocent  civilians everywhere. It is hard to characterize his killing as anything but good news for peace loving people of all religions and nationalities.

We all need to move forward. History will mainly record that this guy was especially good at hide and seek, as if his life depended on it. He brought the fight to us, we just responded in kind, instead of shrinking away like he expected.  Don't tread on me.

It will be interesting to see how the arab street reacts. They danced with joy when we were attacked 10 years ago, but he was no true friend of theirs. Hopefully this will change the dynamic, and mark a beginning of the end, while there is still a lot of work and a long haul ahead.

JR

PS: Did anybody else notice that he was killed a week ago, but the announcement was scheduled on Sunday night to interrupt Trump's TV show?  8)
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »

PS: Did anybody else notice that he was killed a week ago, but the announcement was scheduled on Sunday night to interrupt Trump's TV show?  8)
Yeah, here is where I saw that.  I didn't realize that keeping it a secret had anything to do with Trump's TV show.  That's showbiz for you... :)
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed/story?id=13505703
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:25:53 PM by Chris Davis »

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »

Yeah, here is where I saw that.  I didn't realize that keeping it a secret had anything to do with Trump's TV show.  That's showbiz for you... :)

Whoa!  Where are you getting that?  ???

The operation was authorized a week ago, but it looks like it went down about 4 pm Sunday afternoon.

http://a.abcnews.com/Blotter/sohaib-athar-unknowingly-live-tweets-raid-osama-bin/story?id=13506941

I admit it is tempting to think that Obama was taking his own shot at Trump.
GTD

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »

Whoa!  Where are you getting that?  ???

The operation was authorized a week ago, but it looks like it went down about 4 pm Sunday afternoon.

http://a.abcnews.com/Blotter/sohaib-athar-unknowingly-live-tweets-raid-osama-bin/story?id=13506941

I admit it is tempting to think that Obama was taking his own shot at Trump.
GTD

Yup my bad... I heard in one of the early reports that it went down a week ago and they were waiting for dna proof, but in his speech he even said it happened that day...

This was not remotely about trump... I was in error,

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

+1

Unfortunately, there will be someone trying to fill Osama's shoes.

Stuart Pendleton

• Colonial Yorktown, VA
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »

My wife was born and raised in NYC.  She sat in her condo at the window and watched the towers burn and fall. For 10 years I have watched her cry EVERY time even a 1 second image on 9/11 appears.  She will never forget, and neither will I.  I walked the WTC floors more than once. I am tired of remembering the civilian deaths. In my locale, half of all people work for the US government, most in the military.  I am fully aware of the deaths that occur daily.

Next case of bullets is on me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.