ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This is one capable little box ;-p  (Read 6092 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
This is one capable little box ;-p
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:42:17 PM »

http://www.eaw.com/products/KF200NT.html

Wow, a pole mount box that weighs 43 pounds that is capable of being quad-amped, handling 2000 watts and hitting 138 dB in the HF!

I wonder how they quad amp this thing through an NL4?

Is anyone still awake over there at Mack, errr, EAW?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
Re: This is one capable little box ;-p
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:04:18 PM »

It's a powered box.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »

Wow, a pole mount box that weighs 43 pounds that is capable of being quad-amped, handling 2000 watts and hitting 138 dB in the HF!

Don't know about Quad, the PDF says 3-way, 1500 watts total.
500 on the HF with 500 on the LF seems a little odd to me.
That NL-4 isn't. It's a Powercon.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:37:36 PM »

They need to proof-read as the text description doesn't match the listed info further down.  The NL4s are absolutely mentioned, as you say.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:21:07 PM »

They need to proof-read as the text description doesn't match the listed info further down.  The NL4s are absolutely mentioned, as you say.
Looks like quite a bit of conflicting information.  The Product Overview states 2,000W into 4 Ohms LF, 800W into 8 Ohms MF and 300W into 8 Ohms HF with 'long term' output of 129dB LF/136dB MF/138dB HF.  The preliminary product data sheets says 500W into 4 Ohms for LF, MF and HF as well as an output of 120dB average, 126dB peak (whole space).  But I think the best is the "Operating Range" of "80Hz(h)x3°(v)".  I'm guessing some cut and paste by the people handling the web site that didn't quite get matched up.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:31 PM »

This particular spec sheet with all the mistakes was discussed recently in these forums. There are clearly several bits of wrong information.

Mac

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »

It's a powered box.

No it's not. The KF364NT is powered. This is the non powered version. According to the website it's also a line array.

[winning!]EAW, now brought to you by Mackie's marketing department. [/winning!]
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Dan Boothe

• EAW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »

This particular spec sheet with all the mistakes was discussed recently in these forums. There are clearly several bits of wrong information.

Mac

Hello,

I am the design engineer at EAW behind this product.  I'd like to offer the correct info here while the website is corrected and the final spec sheet is uploaded.

The KF200NT, which is not a line array, is self powered with a three channel amplifier module.  It has no non-powered version.  The non-powered version of the KF364NT is the KF364, this is a separate product.

The operating range is 74 Hz to 20 kHz.
Max output is 122 dB SPL full range continuous.
Being self powered, it does not have NL4 connectors, but PowerCon with loop-thru, XLR in and loop-thru, as well as 2 U-Net ports and a 2-pin remote shutdown connection.

Dan
EAW Engineering
Acoustical Engineer with EAW

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »

Mac

I haven't seen that thread.

Seemed like people were smacking the OP for pointing out the mistakes when even the person who designed the box agrees on the mistakes being there, so I think he deseved a little support, don'tcha?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:53:18 PM »

Quote from: Dan Boothe

Hello,

I am the design engineer at EAW behind this product.  I'd like to offer the correct info here while the website is corrected and the final spec sheet is uploaded.

The KF200NT, which is not a line array, is self powered with a three channel amplifier module.  It has no non-powered version.  The non-powered version of the KF364NT is the KF364, this is a separate product.

The operating range is 74 Hz to 20 kHz.
Max output is 122 dB SPL full range continuous.
Being self powered, it does not have NL4 connectors, but PowerCon with loop-thru, XLR in and loop-thru, as well as 2 U-Net ports and a 2-pin remote shutdown connection.

Dan
EAW Engineering

Thanks for the real info Dan. These new cabinets look really cool and very useful for the higher-end pole mount speaker and install market.

My whole post was some gentle ribbing, because I do remember the other thread about the obvious cut'n'paste job done by the web team. I was really surprised to see that it wasn't corrected after a reasonable length of time!

If the actual designers of the product hang out here, answering questions and taking suggestions,  then I think we as end users would feel much more comfortable about the new direction that EAW is heading.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:53:18 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.