ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I need the NEMA #  (Read 11889 times)

Gene Hardage

• SarasotaSlim.com
Re: I need the NEMA #
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 03:42:19 PM »

The event went well.  After all the fuss about NEMA #'s and not knowing what kind of connectors these ever popular "California connectors" really are - the large rental generator had 3 of them mounted on the side labeled 240 single phase 50 amp.  We used the range plug they had hanging from a 10 foot drop because that added to my 5 foot adapter plus my extra 50 feet of 6/4 as well as the aforementioned 100 feet of 6/4 all added up to 165 feet and that brought us to where it had to go.  Never mind that I told each person I spoke to that we had to be no more than 100 feet away.  My cheap rack rider voltage display readout never dropped below 116 and was pretty steady at 117 all night.   How can the generator rental person not recognize the outlets on their generator from the pics I supplied them in my emails all the while acting as if he had never heard of such connector?! 

Gene Hardage

• SarasotaSlim.com
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »

OK just one more and I'll leave this one alone.  Here's somebody's phone video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvZu8KRhaDE

I prompt him to credit us (2:30) while he announces all manner of sponsor and helper and then the "star" arrives.  Unfortunately my my hippity-hoppity rapper-dancer knowledge is nill so I had never heard of Omarion.

The rig was:

A Shure wireless  Beta 58

A&H MixWiz with elcheapo Behringer 4 ch comp  (no master EQ just channel EQ)

my ground stack rig...

3 powered tops per side - 1x15 and 2 - 2x15+2"
2  3x15 powered subs per side
2  2x18 and 4 single 18 powerd by a Crown Xti 6000

Rick Ramsdell shared the joy and brought his small line array 8  1x10" per side powered by various Crown Xti 4000 and 2000 and the majority of the bass was made by 4 of his 21" Sub Engines powered by the big half of 2 old Crown Macrotech 36x12 using a DriveRack crossover.

The 2 systems combined are not perfect but they do sound pretty good together and certainly achieve the thunder needed for this event.  The DJ was brutal and kept the MixWiz consistently in the top yellow LEDs with the occasional red clip light flickering on various Xti amps.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 01:48:52 PM »

it's relatively easy to understand the confusion considering there are so many variables involved;  locking, non-locking, voltage, ampacity, etc.

my bad, i based my previous post on your statement, "typical 6/4 cable use" rather than the actual image provided.  the most common application that i see for 6/4 is 50A 125/250V, for rac-pacs, spider boxes, etc.   

upon further examination, i see that the connector in the image is actually the 50A 250V 3Ø California Standard Series.
in which case, are non-nema and the model numbers are as follows:
CS8364C connector, CS8365C plug, CS8369 receptacle

R~
Are you sure it is 3 phase? Most CS I see are single phase 120/240v connectors. The ones I have sure are.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Royce Covington

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »

Are you sure it is 3 phase? Most CS I see are single phase 120/240v connectors. The ones I have sure are.

yes, i'm sure, the connectors in the OPs image are 3-phase. 

at a glance, the actual configuration is easily mistaken and improperly identified.   upon closer examination of the image, the contact and index tab configuration of the twist-lock device is what determines it's identity. 

you can compare the connectors here;  single-phase and three-phase.

for the sake of further comparison, the single-phase version would look like this:

there is a difference...

R~
"If you love what you do, you'll never work another day in your life..."

- Confucius

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.