ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: church sound man volunteer  (Read 8026 times)

David Huett

church sound man volunteer
« on: September 29, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »

need to up date mixer looking at a new m3000a yamaha 56ch . I do not want to go digital.

Dick Rees

Re: church sound man volunteer
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:17:20 PM »

OK.  You don't want digital.

What do you want?

David Huett

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »

Large frame 40+ channel analog with at least 10 aux. high quality

Mike Galica

• http://www.maskilstudios.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 09:35:57 PM »

Just out of curiosity ... why do you not want to go digital?

Also ...

Why 10 auxes?
Do you need matrices?
Would you like VCA groups?
What's your budget?
Do you need scene recall?
What are your EQ needs?

The more details you offer the better we can help you in your search for the right mixer for the job.
Mike Galica

Dick Rees

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »

David Huett wrote on Tue, 29 September 2009 21:19

Large frame 40+ channel analog with at least 10 aux. high quality

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/49404/19468/

David Huett

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:40 PM »

I have a soundcraft now that is 14 years old . i like the warmth of it I have to fly by the seat of my pants . no sound checks in my church . I can get this for less than a good digital. have a very good sound.with kv audio for the house mix monitor from house ,just want info on the mixer from some one

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 07:08:36 AM »

David Huett wrote on Wed, 30 September 2009 02:07

need to up date mixer looking at a new m3000a yamaha 56ch . I do not want to go digital.

No chance of reconsidering, eh?

Scared off by all of the anti-digital hype?

Brad Weber

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »

David Huett wrote on Tue, 29 September 2009 22:17

I have a soundcraft now that is 14 years old . i like the warmth of it I have to fly by the seat of my pants . no sound checks in my church . I can get this for less than a good digital. have a very good sound.with kv audio for the house mix monitor from house ,just want info on the mixer from some one

So are you looking for information on the M3000A or for suggestions for alternatives?  You are aware that the M3000A is a discontinued model?  What do you mean by "with kv audio for the house mix monitor from house ,just want info on the mixer from some one"?  I'll be blunt, using complete sentences, proper capitalization, etc. will not only make it easier for those whom you are asking to help you, it can also make it at least appear that this is something you care enough about to invest your own time and effort before asking others to invest theirs.

Very few people that need a 40+ input console do not also have some other specific requirements be it specific channel EQ flexibility, a certain number of group/aux/matrix buses, whether auxes are pre or post fader, VCA groups, mute groups, LCR or L/R/Mono outputs, a quantity of stereo inputs, direct outs on channels, etc.  Many people also have limitations on physical size, budget and so on.  The more specific you can be on your requirements or desires, the more for people to use as a basis in making any recommendations.

I assume your resistance to digital may be due to not having a physical fader for each channel.  However, the other side of this is that a digital console could let you save and recall a number of settings to provide several different starting points including much, if not all, of your processing.  So while you may have to deal with faders, multifunction encoders, etc. on many digital consoles, you could also probably much more easily get to a good starting point for your typical applications.

Without any other input, if you want an analog console then I suggest considering an APB-Dynasonics Spectra-T (or Spectra-C), available in 40 mono plus 4 stereo, 48 mono plus 4 stereo and 56 mono plus 4 stereo frame sizes.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Dick Rees

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 10:28:46 AM »

Esteban Orozco

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

seriously.. first post without $$$ restrains and yo go for a ... not me 48+ channels and good quality analog? Midas 4000 is the ticket..

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.