ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL Locking up  (Read 3912 times)

A.J. McGlynn

M7CL Locking up
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »

I have a M7CL48 that has worked flawlessly for the past year. 2 weeks ago I was doing sound for an event and right before I noticed  my meters on my iPod channel were frozen then I tried to do something on the touchscreen and had no response. I tried muting some channels and nothing. So I could do nothing but slide faders which did nothing and audio was still coming out of it. Then I get an e-mail from one of my volunteers who said he had the same thing happen to him between services this weekend which was not a good time for this to happen as I was on vacation. Then it happened to me today as I was trying to get it to happen. The problem is this is so intermittent. It took an hour to happen earlier today and its been 3 hours since it happened and it hasn't happened. Anyone have anything similar happen?

This is really frustrating because if I can't get this fixed before this weekend and it happens during a service I am hosed. I am considering renting a console but being in Erie its not going to be easy to get something that will meet my needs. This is one really bad thing about digital consoles. if they go out they really go out.

A.J. McGlynn, Technical Director
Grace Church
Erie, PA

Jeff Ekstrand

Re: M7CL Locking up
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:54:36 PM »

Firmware Upgrade?

Jeff Ekstrand

Technical Director, North Shore Campus
Willow Creek Community Church
Northfield, IL

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:59:29 AM »

Probably time to have a tech look at it.  I had a customer with a similar problem a few months ago, and it turned out to be a beverage spill from months before.  The acid and stuff in the spill had been gradually eating into a particular connector that carried control bus info between boards.
Scott Helmke
TC Furlong, Inc.

John Ward

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »

First contact Yamaha support. They have 24 hour support for this console. They will most likely suggest a firmware update / reinstallation as a first means of correcting the problem. Take it from there.
Professional Audio Systems
www.proaudiointegration.com

Jeff Ekstrand

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:14:05 AM »

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Yamaha Commercial tech support yesterday. Good people, and they speak real english. Smile

Anywho, I agree, start there, but you may have to get your board in for service and rent another while you're in the process.

Save your console file to a USB drive before you send yours in for service. That way you can load your console on the rental board and you won't have to redo all your system routing.
Jeff Ekstrand

Technical Director, North Shore Campus
Willow Creek Community Church
Northfield, IL

A.J. McGlynn

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 10:52:36 AM »

Well I ran the console all day yesterday and it didnt do it. The board is still under warranty through my installer so he is in contact with the yamaha people. I have backed it up to a usb stick.  

I am going to run it again today and try and get it to lock up. I have a backup board for this weekend. I guess if it does it again I will update the firmware. I want to get it to lock up one more time before I do that.
A.J. McGlynn, Technical Director
Grace Church
Erie, PA

Tim Padrick

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »

I would update the firmware (and SM and the M7 Editor) anyway, as there are always bug fixes.  (Plus, if a guest artist comes in, they may need the latest firmware in order to load their show.)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.