ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SM87 Low output  (Read 5401 times)

Anthony Lim

Re: SM87 Low output
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:15 PM »

It was wired.

Kevin Hoober

• http://www.pinelake.org
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 12:51:12 AM »

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the tip on the 87's. I have 8 old-school Shure UC's with SM87 heads that get used on choir tours and student camps.  Needless to say they take a beating!

At any rate, one of the capsules started behaving like Anthony's--very low output (yes, all the time, and on different transmitters   Twisted Evil  ).  I'll have to check out that capsule for a loose wire (or two).

So Anthony, I have an sm87 capsule behaving in a similar manner to yours.  I'm sure mine was dropped, rained on, and worse....  

The other 7 have lived similar lives and still going strong, and hopefully this one has just been waiting to have a connector re-seated Smile

Kevin H

Dan Johnson

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 09:30:51 AM »

Last I was aware, Shure does flat rate repairs.  I think it was in the neighborhood of $45 dollars for wired mics and maybe $90 for wireless mics but it's been a while since I've dealt with them so my memory may be off or they may have changed their policies.  If you can't figure out a fix on your own, then definitely call Shure about a repair before you go buy a new one.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 09:30:51 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.