ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam SS-R1  (Read 1302 times)

Tony Fortenberry

Tascam SS-R1
« on: March 18, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »

Have any of you used this recorder?  I know it's pretty new but I would love to hear some feedback on it.  I'm looking for a good quality, inexpensive solution for recording our sermons.  What I'm looking for is a solution that will allow for the easy migration of the sermon to CD and the web.  I've thought about the computer based solutions but I really don't have room in my sound booth for another PC.  I don't want to try & make our presentation PC do the recordings as well.  I think that would be a recipe for disaster.

Also, has anyone used the Ez-Dupe rackmount CD/DVD 1-3 duplicators?  I am in the market for a CD duplicator & it would be great to get one that can do both CD's & DVD's.

thanks in advance for all of your assistance,

tony

Greg Hertfelder

Re: Tascam SS-R1
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:29:04 AM »

While I can't comment on the rackmounted Tascam SS-R1, my church has been using the Edirol R-09 flash recorder for the past 16 months and I personally have been using a Zoom H2 flash recorder for a few weeks - both of which are about the size of a cell phone.

Flash recorders and a powerful editing program like Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Platinum or Pro is a great way to go. You can record in .MP3 or .WAV formats. Drag and drop files into Vegas and create CDs, DVDs or render to web-friendly file formats. No physical media. Efficient. I highly recommend going this direction.

One tip - go ahead and buy large flash media right away and you won't have to worry about running out of space. It's about $10 per Gigabyte these days. Pretty reasonable.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Tascam SS-R1
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:29:04 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.