ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixer brainstorming (Roland M300)  (Read 12748 times)

Tim Urner

• Steeple Sound LLC
Re: Mixer brainstorming (Roland M300)
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »

The M-300 is a nice mixer, but be aware of a couple of things. It is limited to mixing 32 channels at a time. The 380 and 400 can do 48. The new 480 is more capable but I don't have all of the skinny on it.

For digital snake boxes - the 4000 is great and modular but it is expensive. Unless you need a crazy number of outputs. I prefer to use 2 1608's (cheaper) I have not used them yet but the S808 are pretty cool. Drop one at the drum kit, one out front, etc. (You just need the merge unit as the board only takes 2 REAC in)

I believe that Roland recommends no more  100m. That's roughly 300' and you should be fine in that space, unless Im missing something. If you add a merge unit, it acts as a repeater and you get another 100m We have never gone over the 100m

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »

Your church and ours must have been designed by the same architect.
Same size, same beams, same indirect lighting,  ETC.

We have 2 24 ch cables (Belden foil shield) for all our audio.  They run in the indirect lighting units with the AC, DMX, Ethernet, Low voltage house lighting control, and video.  No problems, no hum, no buzz. 

That means that an analogue snake is a option. 

We run 40 ch digital board with recording and IEM but it is not Roland, so I can't comment on that.
Not to Code

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.