ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Floor Monitor questions  (Read 5873 times)

A.J. McGlynn

Re: Floor Monitor questions
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 07:36:13 PM »

David,

I just started the job and I should know my official budget for this project tommorow but from what I have gathered, I have about 900 per speaker. I know thats not a budget because I really need to know what have to work with on the other elements of the system. The amps are not specked out yet but I have an idea of what I want to see happen crown xls 802.
It is on option to provide wired IEMs to the drums. But they want to start off the drummer on wedges.
I would like them to be rider friendly but I don't have the money to get the monitors that I would like.

Brad,
The monitors will be for the keyboards, no strings, no brass, no woodwinds, Pastor does not like having his voice in the monitor plus there wil be vocal  monitors in front where the pastor will be.

The contractor did consider the monitor system in the design. Conduit, mic splits and everything else. I will also have lines from the house console in case I have to run monitors from it.

A.J. McGlynn, Technical Director
Grace Church
Erie, PA

John Ward

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 07:59:08 PM »

Perhaps you, any other mix engineers / operators and perhaps the band leader / music director should listen to a few different boxes, preferably in your sanctuary, before you buy.

Don't discount any brand before you give it an opportunity to see how it will work in your situation.
Professional Audio Systems
www.proaudiointegration.com

A.J. McGlynn

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 08:17:50 PM »

The problem is this is a for a new building and we move in in Nov. The building wont be done in enough time to try the monitors out and have time to order them. I wish I could but it just won't work out.
A.J. McGlynn, Technical Director
Grace Church
Erie, PA

David Sumrall

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 10:51:50 PM »

Hey AJ,

What are the rest of the pieces of the system?

It sounds like infrastructure is in place at least.

What are the FOH and Monitor consoles?? Is the monitor console a done deal?? Do you have the operator to run it?? What is the PA?

What is going to be your method of eq and/or crossover?? analog? dsp?  digital console??

Your time frame is short and you can't get people in the room. Can you get people to a shop to listen to pro boxes vs not pro at least??

Can you demo those boxes in your current house??

I would try really really hard to make that happen then I would create an A B C solution in package including amps, boxes, and dsp. Give them the options, make sure all choices are descent, then price out a package. Mention the pluses and minuses etc. This shows you did your homework and you care, but you know that budget is an issue.

At the very least you can say you tried, and maybe you can come back and upgrade later.

Can you find money somewhere else siting around that make up the $400 per wedge to get better? In the grand scheme you may only be talking $2000 more in overall budget to get much better performance.

Ok here's another issue in you time frame.. Have you checked availability on any real options?? You may need to get a loaner or a rental anyway. Several companies keep short stock on several items these days.

Good Luck!

David Sumrall
Technical Director/A1
First Baptist Church Orlando
David Sumrall
Audio Engineer
Gateway Church
Soutlake Texas
GatewayPeople.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 10:51:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.