ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Supply company  (Read 3484 times)

Lester Freeman

Re: Supply company
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:16:07 PM »

Thanks
Ive never seriously looked to be a direct dealer for specific labels and most likely wouldn't reach the yearly level needed to be listed as a dealer.
There are several contractor suppliers to choose between but I have never used the discount side or full compass.

I understand your concerns.  Thanks for the reply.

Gary Creely

• http://www.steeplesoundavl.com
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »

Some manufactures require more than others, for instance ETC lights was looking for 100k a year, but other manufacturers have no minimums. I wouldn't rule it out.
Gary Creely
STEEPLE SOUND
http://www.steeplesoundavl.com

Lester Freeman

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 06:50:49 PM »

Its not really out, just that Im not sure we need it, yet.  
There are a couple I do wish I could deal directly with and skip the supplier.

So far things have gone well.

Thanks for your imput.

LF

Don Lanier

• http://www.pearlproaudio.com
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 11:06:27 PM »

FDW Full Discount Wholesale is a good company. Parts Express is a good company, Contractors Wholesale is a good company, Becoming a full fledged dealer can be tough because you have Minimums on many products, Youll also need a Tax ID and a Resale certificate for your state to qualify as a contractor/dealer.

IRS is getting tough on these issues as well so make sure you keep records of where this product/s goes and if you sold it, charged tax etc. If you do resell then you may also need a business license for your state/town etc. You must also pay the taxes on time or penaltys can become a real problem. Cool

Having good credit is a must as well as most of these companies want to open you up on account, while you can purchase with a CC on some of them, many want your credit history and will require opening orders etc. Insurance is always a good idea as well because if you install something and it malfunctions and burns down the Million dollar church well you might be in a tight spot.

Sweetwater, Musicians Friend, and Many of these catolog companies can open you a contractors account if you meet the above issues, its a changing world in the murky waters for contractors these days.
Don Lanier
Pearl Productions
http://www.pearlproaudio.com

Brad Weber

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 11:09:57 AM »

Based on their account application, it looks like FDW requires a resale number and a Federal ID number in order to set up an account.  The application also states "All accounts are COD, cash, COD company check for approved accounts only." and the web site notes "Low Minimum Orders".  Interestingly, they also specifically ask applicants to list any relevant professional association memberships such as NSCA, InfoComm, CEDIA, etc.  They make it pretty clear that if you are not a legitimate Contractor or Retailer, at least in the eyes of the relevant tax and business authorities, then Full Compass is the appropriate avenue for purchases.

One particular aspect to consider when purchasing from intermediaries like FDW or any other retailers/distributors is the transfer of warranty.  Often, if you are not a direct dealer then you, not your client, are considered the final purchaser in regards to warranty.  You may want to verify how, or even if, warranty can be transferred to your client.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Lester Freeman

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »

I'm not much on memberships.
Ive owned several businesses and each had "certification" and "industry credentials" that many long time professionals in the respective fields found weightless.
What we are doing presently fits in well with other operations.
At the moment I was just considering checking into other avenues for equipment.  Looking for someone with a good supply of product on hand and ships quick.

thanks
LF

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.