ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Would this be too bright? (Projector size question)  (Read 11947 times)

David Wanat

Re: Would this be too bright? (Projector size question)
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 11:57:43 AM »

Follow Up Part 1:  Equipment purchased.

I had a budget of $7000 for
2 x screens
2 x projectors
all cables, mounts, etc.

I ended up getting the Hitachi CP-X600 (4000 lumins, 1000:1 contrast ratio).  Most lumins for the money (BTW, projector people were great to work with.  I got a pretty good discount from their already low price on the projectors, screens, mounts, and cable.  Call them!)

To save money we also purchased manual screens.  They were less expensive then electric by half and even less then fix frame screen.

So far the projector mounts are installed and screens & projectors have arrived, but not installed.  We are using one of the new projectors in our gym in full light where we are having service while doing the addition.  It works great.  I'll talk pictures when we install everything the next two weeks here and update again.

I would have loved to get a $15,000 projector, but that was not even an option.  The Hitachi we got is pretty basic, manual zoom and focus.  It does have digital keystone (horz & vert).  Once it is installed we won't need to focus or zoom, so for our money we got more brightness instead of more features.

Stay tuned.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Would this be too bright? (Projector size question)
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 11:57:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 23 queries.