ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crank Stands for Lighting Truss  (Read 4030 times)

Sam Antley

• http://www.theantleyfactor.com
Crank Stands for Lighting Truss
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:19:37 PM »

I have done some googling for an appropriate product but can't find one that seems to raise high enough.  Here is our situation:  We have built a new worship facility and are bequeathing our old lights to the youth/children's facility.  They will then have a full complement of stage lighting.  Currently the lights are on a truss that is hung from the ceiling.  In the new facility, the youth/children's auditorium/gym/multipurpose room will need to be extremely portable/flexible.  Therefore I am wanting to merge our two trusses (one that we had and one that they had) and then put them on some type of crank-able mounting.  The combined length of the two trusses are around 15ft and I would like to raise them to about 12-15ft high.  The two trusses will be holding the dimmer packs and 18 cans.  (there are no moving lights).  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Sam

Karl P(eterson)

Re: Crank Stands for Lighting Truss
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »

They most certainly make them, they just aren't common through your local ukulele shop.

Applied electronics makes what you want, their L13 stand is most likely what you are looking for.

With that stand you will need to add an adapter for the stand to safely hold the truss. The TAxx is the adapter you will most likely want (where the xx is the size of the truss) - for 8" it would be TA8 and for 16 it would be TA16, etc).

Expect around 700'ish for the stand and adapter.

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

Greg Hertfelder

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 11:55:54 PM »

Here is a web site that shows the manufacturer that Karl describes, although your load of 18 PAR cans appear to be ambitious.

In your shoes, I would look into new league of lighter weight LED instruments, to keep the weight minimal. If I understand correctly, the light has built-in DMX-512, so no gels, no dimmers.

Here is light duty crank stand by On-Stage: LS7805B.

Here is a light-duty truss system by Odyssey: LTMTS1-PRO.

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »

18 par cans would be fine on a pair of those stands.

I centainly wouldn't go putting halve a dozen mac 250's up there, but a dozen or two par cans won't be any trouble at all.

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.