ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC with built in duplicator?  (Read 1157 times)

Stuart Hogg

PC with built in duplicator?
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:59:16 AM »

Hi everyone, just putting this idea "out there" to see if there is anyone trying something similar in their church.

We have a number of church customers looking at recording onto CD. Typically we recommend they use a computer for the actual recording and editing. Next thing, of course, is that they are looking for duplicators.

I quite like the idea of having a PC tower with, say, 4 drive bays. Put a burner in each of them, and have the burning software of your choice address all four drives as if they were one. Users can record, then when they come to burn the CD, run off four copies at a time.

The thing I like about this is the time saved (you don't have to burn a CD, then duplicate it - it's only one action) plus it's one less box to be clogging up sound booths.

Now, I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know a huge amount about PCs, and even less about building them. I don't know whether this kind of setup is even possible, but if any of you are doing something similar, or can point me towards the bits to make it work, that would be brilliant.

Aaron McQueen

Re: PC with built in duplicator?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »

I have a PC with 2 DVD burners in it.  I'm able to burn to both burners at the same time using Nero.  It seems to work.  I don't know how well it would work with 4 burners.  You would have to make sure the power supply can handle 4 drives.  Cooling would also be a concern.  An internal card my also be needed to control 4 cards.

Most of the newer duplicator towers have USB 2.0 so you can connect to the computer and burn directory to the duplicator as an external device.  This would be a better solution in my opinion.

http://www.microboards.com/article.php/200608030946114
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God - Romans 10:17 NKJV

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: PC with built in duplicator?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.