ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any ideas for projector 'guards'?  (Read 3231 times)

jcims

Any ideas for projector 'guards'?
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »

Hi Folks,

I have recently installed two Dukane projectors in our sanctuary, which doubles as a basketball court.  I'd like to protect the projectors from the wayward shot and am looking for ideas/experiences with any 'guards'.  Chief makes one, but it's huge and fairly ugly.  I'm thinking of making an oak 'sandwich, with a 3/4" inch plate on top and bottom, oversized so a direct hit won't reach the body of the device.

Any ideas?

Thanks folks!

Bob Rich
Calvary Baptist Church
Marysville, Ohio
--
Bob Rich
Calvary Baptist Church
Marysville, Ohio

Brad Weber

Re: Any ideas for projector 'guards'?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:05:56 PM »

Peerless also offers projector enclosures similar to the Chief model and I'm sure there are other manufacturers that have similar products.

Making your own enclosure may be possible but there are a number of things you need to consider such as how the enclosure attaches to the projector mount or building structure (and is the mount rated for the additional weight), the ability to protect the projector from all sides, provisions for proper airflow and ventilation, easy access to change lamps and clean filters, fire and smoke ratings of the materials (it is near a high heat source and will be in an occupied space) and so on.

It's probably not feasible here, but in similar situations, and when the budget supports it, I often look at using projector lifts with a plenum enclosure.  You can mount the lift up in the trusses where it is much more out of the way.  With a bottom panel and plenum enclosure the projector is essentially in an enclosed box when not in use and then is lowered down via remote control for use.  With a 3 position lift with a long drop you can even add a service position that has the projector several feet off the floor for easier service and maintenance.  Not a cheap approach, but often well worth it.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Any ideas for projector 'guards'?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:05:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.