ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: personal amplifiers  (Read 1173 times)

Ralph Cochran

personal amplifiers
« on: October 25, 2006, 08:16:19 PM »

I was looking for an inexpensive way to provide my bass player with an "in ear" monitor system. I found something called a "personal amplifier". It's used primarily for musicians to listen to their instruments when sound levels in a room such as at home prevent them from turning up a floor amp. there is a 1/4 in line signal input and battery pack that amplifies the sound into appropriate output levels for headphones/earbuds. Can I use this and run a line input signal from the mixer to this pack to create a personal monitor system for him? "Wireless" is not the issue here. The problem is he plays by ear and is partially deaf; if he can't hear the other instruments he misses the proper chords. I have a separate output signal set up just for him so I can feed him as much power as he needs and a small monitor next to him but I have to turn his up to the point that the other stage personell and even the congregation complain about the bass level.

HELP!!!

Ivan Beaver

Re: personal amplifiers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:14:09 PM »

I would reccommend the Rolls unit (forgot the model number) but we used to refer to it as the "More Me" box.  There are 2 inputs-1 for his instrument and the other for a line input.  That way he can adjust his instrument level in relation to the mix you are sending him.
Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.

Ralph Cochran

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »

Thanks, Ivan. I appreciazte the suggestion  I'll let you know how it goes next week after I try one on Wednesday.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.