ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DTV RF interference?  (Read 1363 times)

Dusk Bennett

DTV RF interference?
« on: February 05, 2006, 04:26:39 PM »

(Crossposted on SR forum)

Hi folks, I am having a semi-serious problem here and the usual suspects I'd talk to are unavailable for the time being.

I operate a PA on Sundays for a Church here in Southwest L.A. Up until about two weeks ago our Shure SC4 wireless system has operated flawlessly without interference. Over the last two Sundays we have been getting small levels of static and scratching noises from what I can only assume is the reciever during the service. Nothing I did including changing batteries, switching the freq's, adjusting the squelch and antennai, and clearing L.O.S. solved the problem. To add to that the diversity indicator show signal strength to be at FULL. I am stumped.

It occurred to me today that a few years ago when I used to be a systems tech there was an ongoing discussion in the RF Dept. at A-1 Audio about the major probelms DTV Bandwidth would introduce into VHF mic systems. From what I recall the deadline was early 2006.

Is this interference I am witnessing coming from DTV interference? Any suggestions on where else I might start looking into these issues. I post RF system details below.

4 x Shure SC4 systems from 181.000 - 208.000 with a WA405 antenna combiner.
2 x Whips with different lengths at FOH position
50' - 60' from stage to FOH

Thanks in advance!
Dusk Bennett

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
Re: DTV RF interference?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »

Check out my LAB response. Shure says your location is in a world of RF trouble with the SC series.

-Bink

Edit: L.A. instead of LA.  Rolling Eyes
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DTV RF interference?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.