ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: powered mains vs rack amps  (Read 1182 times)

dhill

powered mains vs rack amps
« on: December 29, 2005, 04:22:09 PM »

This is my first post, we are in the design stage of our building, of course there is more need than $$$. So in the light of saving as much as possible...my question: Who is using powered mains & would you doit again? I am leaning towards Mackie sa1521 Active 2-ways & swa1501 sub in place of community 3 ways & qsc rmx series amps. I would also like to see us go w/ Aviom personal monitor system.
My next question is: will going in this direction help us on the size of FOH board...i'm thinking we would not need as many sub groups yes/no
thanks for any input
don
in his service
don

Ivan Beaver

Re: powered mains vs rack amps
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 04:32:43 PM »

Your 1st choice of speakers, needs to be the proper speaker for the job, which includes coverage-level-freq response etc.

Regarding the Aviom and the console-it all depends on what all you want in the Aviom system.  You may or may not need more subgroups or aux's with the aviom.  How many inputs and what types do you have in the system, and what do you want in the Aviom?  You can have 16 individual or groups of instruments.  Start by making a list of what you want in the Aviom, and that will give you an idea of whether you need aux's or subgroups for the inputs.  For example you may want the drums as a single input on the Aviom-or you may want ot break them up a bit for more flexability-but that depneds on what else you want in the system.
Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: powered mains vs rack amps
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 04:32:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.