ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a software DMX controller recommendation  (Read 14723 times)

Len Zenith Jr

Re: Need a software DMX controller recommendation
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 12:07:21 AM »

ShowXpress has an IOS and an Android app.  No remote control app needed.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

You can only access your live pages from the app, you can't access the edit page so you can't manually adjust faders on fixtures from the app.

dave milton

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 10:28:34 AM »

Initially the ShowXpress having a dedicated IOS app sounded like just what I was looking for.  But on checking it out, it's really not what I want.  From what I can tell, the remote control is not at all what I have in mind.

I downloaded QLC+ and dinked around with it a bit....initially I'm very impressed.  This one looks very promising.  I haven't yet had a chance to really look into or try out the remote/tablet control via internal web interface, but from what I can surmise so far I think this option is pretty close. 

In theory at least, I really love the idea of QLC+ being such an "open source" thing and the fact that there's tons of information/documentation freely available.  In practice though, quite honestly it seems a bit oriented towards folks who are very computer/tech savvy, which I am very decidedly not.  A lot of that "tons of information" ends up being a bit confusing or intimidating to me.  Not a big problem, as so far most of what I need to know/do seems relatively straightforward for even a tech-klutz such as myself.  And it's good to know that when I do get smart enough to be able to ask more complicated questions, it looks like the answers will be there to be found. 

One thing I'm not yet 100% clear on.......If I'm using QLC+'s web interface (along with my router and tablet), I do NOT need an internet connection, correct?  Am I right that I will be using a closed network (via the router), NOT an actual web connection?

thanks again,
d.

Johannes Halvorsen

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 01:20:08 PM »

One thing I'm not yet 100% clear on.......If I'm using QLC+'s web interface (along with my router and tablet), I do NOT need an internet connection, correct?  Am I right that I will be using a closed network (via the router), NOT an actual web connection?

thanks again,
d.

That is correct. QLC+ has a built in web server, no need for internet access.

dave milton

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »

Anyone here have some direct experience with controlling QLC+ via it's webserver and Ipad?  Any tips, issues, or recommendations doing so?

On the QLC+ forum, it seems like just about everyone there uses the TouchOSC option, and few use the internal webserver link. 

Thoughts on pros/cons between these two approaches?

d.

Johannes Halvorsen

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 03:33:00 PM »

Pros:

Less work, just go

Cons:

Some controlls are not so well implementet. Toggle switches are ok, faders stink. Try before you use it in anger.

Looks like shit.

dave milton

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »

So, I'm a bit farther down the road, and for some reason I can't seem to get the webserver setup and working.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong as it seems like a fairly simple thing to do, but......it ain't working. 

Help, please?

I'm looking for a very simple, step by step, talk-through on exactly how to set up the webserver for remote access/control.
 I am very decidedly NOT super computer/network/tech savvy, nor a programmer, nor anything like that. So, please feel free to speak in simple terms and assume that I "know nothing".
 I'm a sound & lights guy, not a computer guy.....keep this in mind when you are explaining what I need to do to make it work.

I'm running QLC+ V4, on a Windows laptop (Windows 7), using a TP-Link AC1750 dual band router, and an older Ipad (4th gen, IOS 9.3.5).

I simply want to be able to access/control the QLC+ (that's running on my laptop) with my Ipad. Can't seem to configure it correctly to make that happen. Could use some help. It would be great if it was exact steps (ie: "click on THIS button", "plug THIS cable into THIS port", etc.)

For the record, I use this Ipad, laptop, and router to set up a network to remotely control my audio setup (Behringer X32 console and/or XR-16 mixer, X-Air and X32 Mix software ) and it all works just fine with no issues. I've also tested/used it with Allen & Heath Q-Series mixers and Presonus Studio-Live mixers and software). All the "bits" work, so I must be setting up something wrong.

thanks for your help,
 d.

Johannes Halvorsen

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 11:27:47 AM »

You need to run the qlc+ executable with the -w option, see: https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/webinterface.html
and:
https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/commandlineparameters.html

Then the remote interface is accessible from localhost:9999

dave milton

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure I did that.  At least I think so.

First....I created a desktop shortcut (on the laptop), then in Properties/Target I added the command line parameter so that it looked like this:
C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe -w
Then I clicked OK, and opened the software/program (from that shortcut).

Second....I hooked up my laptop to the router with an Ethernet cable, and made sure that it was connected/enabled.  I also made sure I was NOT connected/enabled to any other WiFi routers.

Third....on my Ipad, I connected to that router via WiFi, than opened my browser and put in the address
 http://["IP address"]:9999.
For that "IP address" I used both the one that is written on the router itself, but I also used one that was read from my properties page on the Ipad once it was connected to the router.

and........nothing.  Didn't work.

A note about the first step - Initially I tried to fill in the target as such:
C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe-w    (note the lack of space between exe and -w)
And this made a error window pop up, and it wouldn't take.
I then tried this:
C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe--web    (still no space there).
Then I looked closer, it seemed like that space was supposed to be there, so I tried this:
C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe -w   (added the space)
This seemed to work as far as allowing me to continue forward and run the program, but the end result was such that the system didn't work.  So I tried:
C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe --web
Which gave me the same results.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:40:11 PM by dave milton »

Marc Sibilia

• Princeton, New Jersey
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 01:40:49 PM »

Third....on my Ipad, I connected to that router via WiFi, than opened my browser and put in the address
 http://["IP address"]:9999.
For that "IP address" I used both the one that is written on the router itself, but I also used one that was read from my properties page on the Ipad once it was connected to the router.

and........nothing.  Didn't work.

Try putting in the IP  address of your laptop, instead of the address of your router.  The router will take care of making the connection like an old fashioned telephone operator.

Marc

Johannes Halvorsen

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 02:01:28 PM »

Try accessing localhost:9999 from a browser on your laptop. If this works, you know the problem is not with qlc+. The most common problem is misconfiguration of the Windows firewall.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 02:01:28 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.