ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Srx 725 to 835  (Read 6516 times)

Taylor Hall

Re: Srx 725 to 835
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 04:41:20 PM »

SRX Connect is the "app for that" and Harman HiQNet Audio Architect is the big daddy computer application.

I'm not sure what Bob thinks he will need to adjust more than 2x as there are only a hand full of settings inside the box and the choices deal with HPF for use with subs...  Real time monitoring of amplifier output, mute/protection status and limiter activity are probably more useful at show time.

I don't have much in the way of orange label products, so my knowledge on some gear only goes as far as what I see at a glance on product highlights in the shiny catalogs I use as table leg spacers XD
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Bob Kidd

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 05:07:38 PM »

I don't have much in the way of orange label products, so my knowledge on some gear only goes as far as what I see at a glance on product highlights in the shiny catalogs I use as table leg spacers XD

I haven't personally gotten into the srx settings to know what it can do. Should be interesting. To be honest biggest concern is once their hung where to position the 6 728s. Could put in center in front of stage but would have people jumping up on them.

Jon Brunskill

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 05:56:25 PM »

I haven't personally gotten into the srx settings to know what it can do. Should be interesting. To be honest biggest concern is once their hung where to position the 6 728s. Could put in center in front of stage but would have people jumping up on them.

Stack them two high as a crowd barrier?

Taylor Hall

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 08:43:31 AM »

Since this sounds like an install scenario at a club, would building some simple platforms or secondary "enclosures" around the subs be an option? Would help protect them from dancing revelers and spilled drinks. Maybe even build it as an extension of the stage.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Bob Kidd

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »

Since this sounds like an install scenario at a club, would building some simple platforms or secondary "enclosures" around the subs be an option? Would help protect them from dancing revelers and spilled drinks. Maybe even build it as an extension of the stage.

Exactly what I've considered, just concerned with low-end build up with subs underneath stage extension

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 04:18:17 PM »

If self powered you have the issue of legal supply of power to the speakers if permanently installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Bob Kidd

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »

If self powered you have the issue of legal supply of power to the speakers if permanently installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Excellent point, another consideration

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 01:38:25 PM »

Also, don't forget that he coverage patterns are completely different between 725 and 835.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 10:29:52 PM »

Also, don't forget that he coverage patterns are completely different between 725 and 835.

Thanks Steve.

Getting ready to move forward with passive 835s but am concerned with 60 x 40 compared to 75 x 50 on 725s. Room is approx 35 ft wide, do you think 2 835s would give ample coverage? Currently. Room is about 100 ft long but have delay speaker 60ft out.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 11:17:40 PM »

Thanks Steve.

Getting ready to move forward with passive 835s but am concerned with 60 x 40 compared to 75 x 50 on 725s. Room is approx 35 ft wide, do you think 2 835s would give ample coverage? Currently. Room is about 100 ft long but have delay speaker 60ft out.

Turn them in slightly.  You'll be fine.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 11:17:40 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.