ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Srx 725 to 835  (Read 6621 times)

Bob Kidd

Srx 725 to 835
« on: September 18, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »

Are 835s flyable? Looking at replacing my 725s and fly 835s over 728s. Have been looking at this for awhile and think this maybe a good option. Room is about 35 ft wide and 90 ft long. I currently have delay speaker about 55 ft out.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: Srx 725 to 835
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:47:56 AM »

From the second line of the description on JBL's website:

"Featuring M10 suspension points"

Bob Kidd

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 11:31:21 AM »

From the second line of the description on JBL's website:

"Featuring M10 suspension points"

Thanks! Never flown before would assume should get venue to hire qualified engineer to hang? Assuming these will work well with 728s in room?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:34:59 AM by Bob Kidd »

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »

Thanks! Never flown before would assume should get venue to hire qualified engineer to hang? Assuming these will work well with 728s in room?

Yes, always consult a certified rigger before putting anything over folks' heads. The extra cost is easily justified.

EDIT: And to answer your second question, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work well with 728s given you have a least simple DSP control. What exactly is lacking about your current 725 setup that you are hoping to improve? Seems like a lateral move.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 12:20:21 PM »

Yes, always consult a certified rigger before putting anything over folks' heads. The extra cost is easily justified.

EDIT: And to answer your second question, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work well with 728s given you have a least simple DSP control. What exactly is lacking about your current 725 setup that you are hoping to improve? Seems like a lateral move.

Nothing lacking, just need to fly them and not able to fly 725s.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 12:29:00 PM »

Nothing lacking, just need to fly them and not able to fly 725s.

Ah, makes sense, I forgot the 725 came in two versions, one with fly points and one without.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »

Ah, makes sense, I forgot the 725 came in two versions, one with fly points and one without.

Yep. Would you see an issue running powered 835s over the 728s? Using dbx 260. Was going passive, but great deal on pair of powered. Only concern would be making any adjustments on the powered given the will be hung.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 01:39:48 PM »

Yep. Would you see an issue running powered 835s over the 728s? Using dbx 260. Was going passive, but great deal on pair of powered. Only concern would be making any adjustments on the powered given the will be hung.
Pretty sure those can me managed remotely via their HiQ system, so you'd just need to add a data run going to each hang point to take advantage of it.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »

Pretty sure those can me managed remotely via their HiQ system, so you'd just need to add a data run going to each hang point to take advantage of it.

SRX Connect is the "app for that" and Harman HiQNet Audio Architect is the big daddy computer application.

I'm not sure what Bob thinks he will need to adjust more than 2x as there are only a hand full of settings inside the box and the choices deal with HPF for use with subs...  Real time monitoring of amplifier output, mute/protection status and limiter activity are probably more useful at show time.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Kidd

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »

SRX Connect is the "app for that" and Harman HiQNet Audio Architect is the big daddy computer application.

I'm not sure what Bob thinks he will need to adjust more than 2x as there are only a hand full of settings inside the box and the choices deal with HPF for use with subs...  Real time monitoring of amplifier output, mute/protection status and limiter activity are probably more useful at show time.

Agreed, verifying at times volume as well as any other settings we're fine as well as power system off. But can configure something that it can be handled without having to go up to speaker. Will use 260 for my crossover settings and eq. Thanks!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.