ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KF 650z  (Read 1765 times)

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
KF 650z
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »

Does anyone here happen to know what the 10" speaker is in these? I have a small tear in one and need to re cone ..

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: KF 650z
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 10:15:12 AM »

EAW LC1075/CK1075 IIRC.

Your local distributor should be able to provide these, I bought four from them earlier this year.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:05:45 PM »

Should be really easy to come by in the future since RCF now owns EAW. . .

EAW LC1075/CK1075 IIRC.

Your local distributor should be able to provide these, I bought four from them earlier this year.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:15:46 PM »

Does anyone here happen to know what the 10" speaker is in these? I have a small tear in one and need to re cone ..

How bad is the tear? A small tear can be easily repaired as long as the cone or surround isn't getting brittle. Depending on what you have on hand the repair can be made in a variety of ways- Laminate construction paper on either side of the tear, or a bit of fabric if it's up near the surround. I use a latex adhesive but even good quality "white glue" can be effective.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 07:01:54 AM »

How bad is the tear? A small tear can be easily repaired as long as the cone or surround isn't getting brittle. Depending on what you have on hand the repair can be made in a variety of ways- Laminate construction paper on either side of the tear, or a bit of fabric if it's up near the surround. I use a latex adhesive but even good quality "white glue" can be effective.

It's not bad, but I'm selling it and I want it to be 100%

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 07:12:28 AM »

It depends on where the tear is.  in the body of the cone or the surround.

If in the body, a 50/50 mixture of elmers glue and water and paper towel is a good easy fix.

Spread the glue on the back side of the cone. place a piece of paper towel over it and add a little more glue and press into place.

Allow a day or so to dry.

If on the surround, RTV, silicone adhesive is a good choice.  Spread it on both sides of the surround and make sure to squeeze it inside the tear.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »

It's not bad, but I'm selling it and I want it to be 100%

I'm sure Ivan can attest to this as well but I've had many drivers come across my bench for re-cone that are completely suitable for repair. Small tears, rattles, buzzes can often be fixed up quickly and last years once back in service. The customer is always right though, so if you have to have a re-cone installed go for it.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »

I'm sure Ivan can attest to this as well but I've had many drivers come across my bench for re-cone that are completely suitable for repair. Small tears, rattles, buzzes can often be fixed up quickly and last years once back in service. The customer is always right though, so if you have to have a re-cone installed go for it.

While I'm sure that the repair will last and work fine, I'm not sure the individual I'm selling these to will understand that. I want them gone. That's why I'm reconing

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.