ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: help please - how to control LED light bar  (Read 5461 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: help please - how to control LED light bar
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 01:20:52 PM »

Lumicraft Lumistage 4/146/10

a little research helps - sorry i should have done this first

It appears that it does have a 'sound-to-light' mode - just have to figure out how to set it up correctly

i have found the below spec sheet - but no instructions

http://www.lumicraft.com/?dl_id=11

your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ken

Just select the different modes, d is DMX that is the address.  S should be sound activated.  Clap your hands after selecting each mode. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »

Just select the different modes, d is DMX that is the address.  S should be sound activated.  Clap your hands after selecting each mode.

I was going to suggest this too. The UP and Down buttons can possibly be sound sensitivity once the OP gets the unit into sound mode.

If you have (2) of these you can also set one to dmx Reverse mode, for a symmetrical show.

Ken Maytom

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »

There are 10 chase patterns built in and 10 sound mode patterns and 20 scene modes for this fixture. Those can be manually selected via the built in menu on the fixture.  Each light can also be controlled separately for color, brightness, strobe via DMX. If you are OK running one of the built in patterns you can just set it manually. If you want full control to change the patterns. colors, etc.. you will need either a DMX controller (like a Chauvet Obey) or use their recommended Lumicon 43 controller or the optional IR remote (probably the easiest solution).

When a fixture has a master/slave control, the device that is set to master will control additional fixtures of the same model that are set to slave.  It will not control different fixtures properly.

Anyone know where i can get one of the IR remote control units? or the  Lumicon 43 controller?

Ken Maytom

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 08:07:27 PM »

Anyone know where i can get one of the IR remote control units? or the  Lumicon 43 controller?

From the Manual
"As a basic concept, the QUAD STAGE LED is a DMX-only controlled unit - it does not offer any internal presets, patterns or programs. Operation thus becomes more a matter of the connected controller, the unit itself only offers two modes: D & DR"

so would seem i have no option than a dmx controller ???

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 09:05:04 PM »

From the Manual
"As a basic concept, the QUAD STAGE LED is a DMX-only controlled unit - it does not offer any internal presets, patterns or programs. Operation thus becomes more a matter of the connected controller, the unit itself only offers two modes: D & DR"

so would seem i have no option than a dmx controller ???

You can get them for $75.00 not exactly a big deal
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Ken Maytom

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »

You can get them for $75.00 not exactly a big deal

not having much luck finding these

any suggestions where please

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 10:27:22 PM »

Any online music vendor, eBay, Amazon, possibly your local music shop...  There are also countless “help me pick a controller” threads here with many good suggestions. 

Ken, at the risk of sounding blunt (again), you’re going to have to do some legwork here if you want to be successful.  Working with lights isn’t complicated per say (and a whole lot easier than learning sound), but as with any skill it requires a bit of time, dedication, and willingness to learn.  If spending some time searching the web and reading about DMX is too much of an inconvenience, I think you’ll be best off by replacing the units you bought with something that’s truly plug/play/forget.  Just be sure to read the product page before buying!  Best of luck though!

Steve Garris

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 07:32:36 PM »

not having much luck finding these

I've used controllers like this with reasonable results. It will handle 12 fixtures (lights), but keep in mind that you can program any number of lights to respond to a single fixture. This board has 16 channels of control for each fixture:

https://www.amazon.com/CO-Z-DMX-Controller-Lighting-Moving/dp/B01N1UI8V7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1537313321&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=dmx+controller&psc=1

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 07:32:36 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.