ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why I give a fair price in the beginning and never lower it  (Read 7421 times)

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
Re: Why I give a fair price in the beginning and never lower it
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 01:58:08 PM »

Because we don't pay our techs $22/hour and charge the client (through the hotel) $85/hour.

-Ray

i freelanced at a couple PoSAV run hotels years ago. Friends were salaried and threw me whatever gig they could. It paid better than music clubs, so I swallowed my pride and put on the suit. Good people working the hotels, but horrible regional management working them like dogs and paying them peanuts. The hilton had a weird telecommunications signal hole in the main conference room

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 04:37:10 PM »

Great reading here, thanks guys.  On the battery-powered PA conversation, Powersoft seems to be entering the realm with their DEVA product.  It's only 115dB@1m, but it's a step in the right direction!  They claim it can even be charged by solar panels.  It's more of a distributed audio product, but we just need them to make a tripod-friendly version, and drop the LED and camera for more SPL and we might be wrapping less cables in the future.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Steven Harris

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 05:17:28 AM »

These are good comments, thank you for sharing your experience. One day I will learn to set good prices, but in the meantime I'm lowering them. Well, I think I need to work on my self-esteem. I always feel like I'm not doing my job well, while my friends say I'm a very talented guy. That's why I set the lowest prices for my work. For example, I recently had the orlando meeting venue that took place in a wonderful hotel. Clients ordered a delicious breakfast and coffee for me and we discussed business issues. They praised my project and said they were very pleased with its price. But I don't know why they praised me, they really liked my project or it was because I had the lowest price of all.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:11:11 AM by Harris15 »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber