ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mtl2b subs  (Read 2380 times)

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
mtl2b subs
« on: September 09, 2018, 07:18:29 PM »

I have 4 of these ( and want 4 more). Been running them on old iron BGW amps, they are nice enough for me. I just ordered 2 nx 6000 behringers, should arrive in november. I have read the behrs do good on subs, for the $ i'll give them a go. Have i made an error in judgement? Trying to lighten the load. The BGWs will be around for backup. I could not buy the NU, looked cheap, i think the only difference is the case, NX looks more real. I am apprehensive about my choice, hence the post. FYI been using one BGW per cab @4ohms, plus a spare per side. Drivers are eminence omega pro 800w each.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
Re: mtl2b subs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:21:34 AM »

I suspect they'll be pretty similar for subs to the iNukes. The new NX line ought to have smaller frequency response variations with impedance in the HF, but that's not a concern here.

You're looking at 1200w/ch into 8ohm, 2000w/ch into 4ohm.

I'd've gone for the DSP option - it's pretty good, and means you can put a pair of amps in a small rack and run a bi-amped PA. The flexibility is handy.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:42:49 AM »

I suspect they'll be pretty similar for subs to the iNukes. The new NX line ought to have smaller frequency response variations with impedance in the HF, but that's not a concern here.

You're looking at 1200w/ch into 8ohm, 2000w/ch into 4ohm.

I'd've gone for the DSP option - it's pretty good, and means you can put a pair of amps in a small rack and run a bi-amped PA. The flexibility is handy.

Chris
The output should be an improvement and i have a processor, thats why i did'nt go that way. We will see how long they last!!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:42:49 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.